2002 Mazda B3000/Ford Explorer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Mazda B3000/Ford Explorer help

Anybody got any experience with Mazda B3000/Ford Explorer trucks?

Heres what I got:

I'll try to describe it.

-Girlfriends truck
    -It started making a loud clunking sound while driving from the front, sounds like maybe the auto hub or axles?
    -I rescued her and drove it a bit to see what was up
    -It made the noise, so I tried something to see....I flipped the auto 4x4 switch from 2 hi to 4 low and the noise quit....momentarily
    Back in 2 hi, I drove it and the noise started again. Did this twice, 2nd time I wanted to see how far it got. It made it maybe 100 yards and started the clunking noise again, so had it towed at that point.

We have 3 vehicles down, all at the same time! Whew! Need to get at least 2 back on the road. Got my truck running yesterday. 1995 Isusu PU, so at least we have one now! Had to rent a car so we could get to work. Sheesh!

Thanks in advance!

Dan
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

universal joint maybe,

Comment

If the 4x4 sticks in on dry pavement it can damage the carrier or split side gears. Hopefully you have a bad axle u-joint or something in that area, even auto hub stuff will be better than internal diff parts
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
      X