Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put this engine into that car?

Enjoy

You can make a car go faster by tuning its engine, or you can replace its little powerplant with something bigger. I mean really big. That's building a hot rod, and Jalopnik readers have their own favorites.

That is quite the adrenalin-rush website for 'power gained through displacement' zealots. Obviously you cannot aspire to drive any one of these 'nutty' cars on the street. No doubt someone (with serious time and or money) can/could figure out a way to stuff a vintage supercharged 27 litre Rolls Royce Merlin (the P51 Mustang/Spitfire alloy aviation type (1800+ hp!) and not just the similar-looking iron/steel castings stripped down Meteor Tank version) into 'what looks like a Festy' shell. But there would be no room left in the car, horrendous (insurmountable perhaps?) torque steer, and all kinds of stuff inside dedicated just to keep the car together, operational and fueled, and, on the tarmac. This is a fantasy 'pipe dream' for most of us (unless Bill Gates or some other billionaire happens to be a member of this forum).

That 'crazy critter' (300 hp 3.0 liter Kawasaki SHO, onboard a Festy body) that you're carefully building is already pushing the outer limits of what can be sanely be described as a 'daily driver' and 'grocery getter'.

Comment

its Yamaha

not kawa lol

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
        its Yamaha
        not kawa lol
        Sorry about that. I don't own any bikes, outboards or 4 wheelers and consequently therefore stupidly cannot distinguish between a Kawi and Yama (nor Polaris/Bombardier/Suzuki etc etc). Not intentional, I assure you. An orange/white 2 stroke would tell me it was a Stihl, plain orange a Husky. And Honda, for a fact, does not yet make chainsaws.
        The high school auto shop teacher I worked with 8 years ago drove a plain-Jane late 90s Ford Taurus (with a manual tranny!) that he slyly invited me to take for a spin one day. I was quite impressed and he was the one that told me about the strange Japanese engine that was in it! Only thing obvious on the outside was the SHO decal on the front fenders.

Comment

The Juke R looks pretty cool. I'd like to have one just so I could call it a Juker!
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            That 'crazy critter' (300 hp 3.0 liter Kawasaki SHO, onboard a Festy body) that you're carefully building is already pushing the outer limits of what can be sanely be described as a 'daily driver' and 'grocery getter'.
            We drive Festivas. Sanity was not optional equipment at birth!

Nor was sense haha.

-Joe
            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
            1988 LX 5-speed
            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I remember that fast Rolls with a Merlin stuffed sideways and supercharger removed. They had to lower the body onto it, because of the ultra tight clearance. That Rolls Royce executive would shoot up behind Ferraris doing 120 mph on the Autobahn, honk at them to move over and then leave them in the dust! It's a good thing it didn't have wings.

Comment

I want a juke-r or I would settle for paddle shifters in my festiva
                Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Working...
                X