Seat Belts (Aspire to Festiva)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Belts (Aspire to Festiva)

My new Festy failed the Virginia state inpsection because the front seat belts are frayed (give me a break). Anyways, I don't know how Aspire front seat belts are or work, but will they work in a Festiva? I'm talking about the automatic should belts since mine is a 91. Also what year did they start using them in Festivas? Thanks!
    93 GL

Aspires do not have auto belts.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

just post a wtb for seatbelts & im sure someone will have you going quickly
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Thanks again, I'll just make the 70 mile trip to the JY to pick some up. What year did they start using them?
        93 GL

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
          Aspires do not have auto belts.
          Nor are they compatible with manual belted Festys; I already tried.

Comment

I believe the auto belts started in 1990.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Get a roll cage installed and a 5 point racing belt. Then give the inspector the finger as he signs off on your new safety upgrade. haha that's what I want to do with mine.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
              Daily Driver:
              91 Red Ford Festiva L 5spd Stock

Show Car:
              2004 Black Premium Mustang GT Convertible

Comment

Can you not just bolt or adapt some sort of home-sewn or otherwise usable belts to the floor and door pillar (that will connect to the mid floor ends) and call it a day? Otherwise I'd argue that manufacturers have to provide/supply replacements into perpetuity only because they are entirely cosmetic and don't make their cars run any better or last longer.
                Personally I have no use for mandatory belts anyways. It should be entirely my decision whether I choose to wear belts or not and not the gov't.
                John Stuart Mill had a profound influence on the shaping and evolution of British laws 200 years ago and here is his advice on one of them:
                "The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant."

Comment

If I would have known it was going to be a problem, I would have taken them out and just had my lap belts which aren't frayed. I might end up doing that anyways.
                  93 GL

Comment

I have a set..passenger and drivers side belts that are in pretty good shape. Have the motors and tracks too if you need them.
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts
                    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Manuel rio belts will also work. Not sure what years, I saw it in a post here.

Comment

Working...
                      X