No announcement yet.

More newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you install it yourself, a shop will charge you $100 on installation alone. What I did was go to a junk yard. Looked at some newer cars and pulled out the speakers. Wired them up with the old stock wires and zip tied them to the grills to secure them. They sound tons better and they only cost like $10 or so a speaker. A good sound system in a Festiva will get stolen, they are incredible simple to just snatch. So keep it cheap and thieves wont think you have anything special.
    My Mustang on the other hand has a total of 12 speakers alpine type Rs, 6 tweeters, 4 6x8 speakers, and 2 subs. All wired to 2 amps. The sound stage is amazing. But if I put that in my Festiva, it would be gone over night..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Daily Driver:
    91 Red Ford Festiva L 5spd Stock

Show Car:
    2004 Black Premium Mustang GT Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
      4" in front and back
      6.5" IIRC for the door mounts if you cut holes for them on the doorcards...
      If you want 6.5s in the doors, get shallow mount speakers. A typical 6.5 will mount deep enough to have the magnets hitting the glass and trying to space them out for clearance will make them interfere with the window cranks. Try to get speakers with no more than about 2" mounting depth (there aren't many) and the flattest grilles you can find.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
      X