picture needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picture needed

I hope anyone needing a picture of a Festiva part can use this thread in the future. I need a picture of the top end of the speedometer cable. Specifically the part that clips in to the back of the cluster. Thanks in advance to anyone who just happens to have one out of their car at the moment. Also what is the overall length of the speedometer cable not including the gear.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-18-2013, 10:16 PM.

I think the speedo cables are different legnths for auto and standard.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

And the cable is about 31 inches not counting the gear.
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Ultra thanks Prafeston. Can that white plastic be removed or is it permanently on there? Does it look like it put on before the end was crimped on?

Comment

I'll take another look at it today. I don't think the white piece can be removed...as you can see it can be slid around on there though.
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts

Comment

The Mazda speedometer cable appears to have the retention slot further in than Ford. I sure wish there was a standard. The upper Ford cruise cable is 10.5 to 10.75 inches. The cruise sensor is another 3 inches. That leaves about 17.5 inches. I am waiting to hear back from Mustangs, Etc. in Van Nuys. I also asked them for a picture in addition to the measurement. F3BZ, Do all Ford parts with prefix E9BZ belong to Festiva?
            Last edited by bravekozak; 05-19-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Good news. I double checked and it looks like the plastic part can be taken off...or another put on if yours is broken.

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Working...
              X