Onlinetires or tires-easy? Yore thawts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onlinetires or tires-easy? Yore thawts

What experiences have you had (good/bad) with these two companies? I want to order a couple of tires from one of them but don't know anything about them. Is there one you would recommend more than these two, besides tire rack? Thx.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Tires easy was quick cheap and easy
    93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

I've done the following five separate orders from tires-easy in the past two years or so:

-2 Nankang 165/70-12s
      -4 Falken 912 175/60-13s
      -4 General Altimax Arctic 175/70-13 snows and 2 more Falkens
      -3 Sava Effecta 135-80-13s
      -4 Kumno Solus KH16 185/60-14s

All orders arrived within a few days; maybe three to four max. Tires come bundled together with no wrapping but looked fine. No complaints from me. However, be aware Charlie had a big problem with an order from them a while back. I think the consensus was that different warehouses may have different standards or delivery issues. Talk to him to see what he concluded. I used to highly recommend tires-easy until Charlie had his problem. Now I use them but don't actively promote them.

Karl
      Last edited by Safety Guy; 05-20-2013, 04:32 PM.
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I used onlinetires last week and had no problem with them, tires arrived on time and nothing wrong with them
        91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
        Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
        Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

I have done business with Online-Tires once. I had no problems.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I'll go with tires-easy because they have cheaper shipping. Save $10 overall compared to onlinetires.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I've used tires easy everything went great. Still using there tires.
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I got a set of Sumitomos from Online-tires. They sent them right out with no surprises. Wore the Sumitomos out in about a year and a half and then got some Federal Formozas from Tires-easy. They did a great job too. The Federals still have tons of tread after 2 years. Sumitomos handled better though. I would buy tires from either company again.

Comment

I have used tires easy with no problems.
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Just ordered from them today. Two Nankang CX668 165/80x15s, $125.12.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I bought some 12" tires from tire.easy.com when I first got my Festiva. They were some brand I never heard of and when the installer installed them, he called me over to the balancer and showed me how out of round the tires were. I sent them back to be checked out by them. It took a month, but I got my money back. They paid for return shipping also, so they do have good customer service. I've decided to buy my tires locally if at all possible, though. I was lucky that the tire shop didn't charge me anything, even though I didn't buy the tires there and they had installed them and took them back off.
                      Rick
                      1993 Ford Festiva
                      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                      2000 Ford E350

Comment

They have lots and lots of cheap Chinese tires. Get what you pay for.
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Just pay attention to the brand, and google it to see how reliable their quality control is. Mine are doing fine, and I "overinflate" them to 40psi and have even hit a few rocks that made me cringe. Still fine, and tires-easy shipped them quick too. ATM I'd do it again.
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

$250 shipped for a set of 185/60-13 Federal SS-595's is pretty fantastic... that's less than I paid from Ebay. I'm a huge fan of these tires... in this size, they've worked wonders on my Festiva and look pretty slick as well. For cost reasons alone, I pick the Onlinetires site.
                            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

They have a good deal on 165/45/15s too.

$50 bucks a tire. With shipping it's still more than $10 bucks cheaper than eBay for 4 tires.
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                              X