calling Larry Hampton, Twistiva and the rest of our Oklahoma members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling Larry Hampton, Twistiva and the rest of our Oklahoma members

Larry your state has had some bad weather today, talk to us Oklahoma members is everybody Ok.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

I'm fine, Sunday's tormado was closer but still 6-7 miles away. I don't know of anyone hurt in either one or lost anything. An old high school classmate's house got destroyed a couple years ago in a tornado that hit Tuttle. She is a teacher in the Moore Plaza Towers elementary school where several children died, but she's okay.

Thanks for the concern though.
    Last edited by Larry Hampton; 05-20-2013, 11:58 PM.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Glad to hear your safe, I hate tornados
      Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
      Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
      Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
      WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Glad to hear your in good shape, last night I was visiting with a member from Florida when the Tornado sirens started to wale, so we grabed the grandkids and hit the basement, later we learned the tornado touched down North of town in a corn field.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Read on some other forums, "Why do you live there, seems so dangerous?" This coming from Floridians and Californicators. Florida has the most tornados of any state, but they rarely reach greater than F2 strength, our are just stronger. But other than the larger metro areas of Tulsa and OKC, OK is pretty sparse. I'd gather to say even more sparse than Iowa. Most tornados just hit fields.
          1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
          1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
          1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
          1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
          2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
          2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Yep, & alot of our tornados accompany Hurricanes.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Im trying to get a fund raising event organized to benefit the tornado victims. I have 5 bands tenetivly lined up to perform for charity on Saturday June 8th in the local city park. The idea is to get local radio advertising and take donations of cash and goods for the Red Cross. I plan on calling the Red Cross tomorrow to find out how to arrange it. This should be an experience.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Yawn... I live in Oregun and in the west it blows and rains, in the desert it blows not as hard and sunshines. All spring and fall we get "bluebird" days for east and west that are sunny, mild and no wind. Kinda jealous all the excitement some get..but not the loss of property and life.
                Be safe you all.
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Glad you're okay!

We rarely get tornadoes. One touched down in recorded history. It broke a tree and knocked off a gutter.
                  We get maybe 3 decent snows a year. 6" or so each.
                  We get floods once in a great while. Not much to speak of.
                  Our cars don't rust.
                  I live in a big valley.
                  The biggest drawback? The valley holds pollen. So we sneeze.

I'm really, really glad my family settled here.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                  X