Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That sounds super (to get under the 10 sec mark - SUPERCHARGING KITS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sounds super (to get under the 10 sec mark - SUPERCHARGING KITS.

was pretty excited to see they had miata (MX5) supercharging kits for 4 Cylinders on the net and for the money, they ain't ebay 'percharging

The Kraftwerks Honda B Series "Race" Kit is built for the hardcore B engine builder.

Centered around the highly efficient Rotrex C30-94 Supercharger, the Kraftwerks Supercharger kit produces impressive results throughout the enti

i think they are referring to the "B-series" Kraftwerks Supercharger setup, not the model of engine they support.

Also the piece-de-resistance, The mother of all Superchargers (for a 4 Cylinder)

Kraftwerks is pleased to introduce the intercooled supercharger system for the 12-15 Honda Civic Si.

Centered around the highly efficient Rotrex C30-94 head-unit, the Kraftwerks Honda Civic Si kit produces impressive results thro

all the other range for your supercharging needs are here..

Kraftwerks performance is the supercharging division of Group-A Autosports Engineering. Our mission is to develop the best supercharger kits in the world with unparalleled performance, quality, reliability, and value.

now we can all run like the Fast N The Furious... HAH
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

man thats a bit steep! i got 2 festivas swapped dropped, cammed and slammed and have spent less on bothe of them total alltogether than one of those kits
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

i know it is, but think about being able to set a record and have it for the whole freaking world to see (youtube).. and better yet, the possible resale value would be great.

i was also thinking for anyone who wanted to do this, would be a great idea, as this would start taking our engines upto a legendary status too.

plus it would be good to see a festiva nail a ferrari on the track by at least 8 sec's flat to really drive it home .. FESTIVA FTW!!!

Not to say i hate ferrari's and all faster cars, would just be great to see it happen and be something that would warm the heart each time you saw it.
      Last edited by jawbraeka; 05-24-2013, 09:21 AM.

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

can anyone tell me if this would be possible with a turbo?

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Of course it is.
          The Achilles heel of the festiva is traction, not power output.
          1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

BP, turbo'd or 'charged with NOS, M factory differential in a G series MTX, and a set of traction bars (the kind that look like old school "wheelie" bars) on the rear would come close.
            All the FWD cars i've seen in the 10's have those bars.

When the rear squats, it hits the traction bars, and keeps the weight on the front wheels. (see youtube)

I've mentioned the bars before, and everyone said, they didnt want them on their Festys for a number of reasons, mostly thought of as ugly.
            They are removable, though.

If I won the lottery, I would build that car and run in the 10's.
            I simply cant afford it at the moment.
            Last edited by drddan; 06-12-2013, 02:24 AM.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by moz View Post
              Of course it is.
              The Achilles heel of the festiva is traction, not power output.
              Lack of traction = Fatter wheels.

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                Suspension plays as big a part as tyres.
                Wider tyres call for more torque to get spinning.
                More torque and more traction makes the gearbox the weakest link.

Engine and driveshaft position also plays a big part in weight and torque distribution.
                which also equates to better traction.

But the ultimate challenge is how crazy light these cars are

Comment

I'd use traction bars if I wanted to break into the sub 10s.
                  It might be ugly, but function is the mother of results... unless you're an interior designer.

Comment

I'd use traction bars if I wanted to break into the sub 10s.
                    It might be ugly, but function is the mother of results... unless you're an interior designer.
                    I'll be coming to see your car pull an 11. no sweat.

Avg Economy:
                    Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                      Traction via wheel size is only a very small part of the equation when you're talking about 10's.

Suspension plays as big a part as tyres.
                      Wider tyres call for more torque to get spinning.
                      More torque and more traction makes the gearbox the weakest link.

Engine and driveshaft position also plays a big part in weight and torque distribution.
                      which also equates to better traction.

But the ultimate challenge is how crazy light these cars are
                      Exactly.

Here's one of the oldskool 323's from back when Mazda323performance was around. These guys used to post on the forum

It's a 10 second FLAT 323. For these numbers, it was making 600hp. I can't remember if it was a BP or a 2.0, I know originally it was a BP anyways.

Dedicated, gutted track car. They wen through their fair share of engines & transmissions over the years. And turbo setups too for that matter, trying to get more power.

I wish there were more details on the build, I don't know of anywhere that they post now. Thing was famous in the 323 world, the team was in Puerto Rico. It'd be a good start to glean info from for a 10 second car build though
                      1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                      High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                      Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

It HAS to have an FE3 in it.
                        600hp out of a bpt is a massive (and ridiculously expensive) ask.
                        The FE3 can produce 500hp atw with stock internals. I've seen this in person on a dyno run for a converted 323 at one of the cars shows.

But there's more recent proof of this on YouTube.

Either that or they went Nissan sr20 or similar.
                        Last edited by moz; 06-13-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

The tranny is the weak link on these cars too. If you make more traction, ya usually wind up breaking the tranny.
                          Easy launches prevent this, but easy launches prevent fast times. Lots of 12 second members here have been there, done that. Thus the need for a beefier tranny. The M-Factory differential is made to take more hp than a stock diff. Putting traction bars in back will increase the amount of available traction to the front tires and load on the tranny.

When a car launches, the weight is transferred to the rear of the car (no matter how much suspension and stiffer springs you have, weight is still transferred rearward) Suspension and springs help but, these cars are light!!! Any amount of rearward weight transfer reduces traction in the front. Thus, traction bars will keep more weight forward, but .... heres the conundrum! .....
                          Can the G tranny, even with M-factory take it? And what about the body of the car? 12 second folks here are literally tearing the body apart from those launches. Gaps have been showing up and welding/reinforcements have had to be made.
                          Can a Festy take 10 second runs and hold up? If your thinking about 10-12 sec runs, reinforcement of the body should be one of the first concerns.
                          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Go ATX!
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I'm betting we'll actually see an 11 sec Festiva this summer or next. There's a couple builds that I know of that are gonna be pretty crazy, and they aren't posted here yet! We'll see if they can pull it off or not. If brad would BP that spire he might have a chance at it too ^.^
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X