windshield defrost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windshield defrost

How difficult would it be to intall an electric windshield defrost if the dash is out?
    I have been looking at the Hyundai copper elements that are located directly underneath the parked wipers.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-24-2013, 06:18 PM.

should be rather easy... they make self install kits for such things.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Here

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Wow, those Northwind strips sure are ugly! The problem with the Hyundai one is that the pasenger wiper is on a slight angle and the copper matches. I believe that is is also part of the black windshield surround mask.

Land Rovers also have a very expensive electric windshield defrost option.

Did the Kia Sorento have an option for an electric front windshield defroster?
        Last edited by bravekozak; 05-24-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

i know i saw at least one other option that looked more like a factory style element, searching for it now.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            How difficult would it be to intall an electric windshield defrost if the dash is out?
            I have been looking at the Hyundai copper elements that are located directly underneath the parked wipers.
            Hey! Why would you want to do that to your cozily ducked-away-every-winter car?

Comment

Working...
            X