Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a story, new festy coming this morning!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a story, new festy coming this morning!!

A local ER doc knows my son and I have been looking for an economy car for him. This doc was probably looking for good deals on estates sales with gun collections and stumbled across a festiva in a garage with a blown head gasket.

My son called him and he said it is an 89 EFI 5 speed. Wants $200 . Absolutely not a spot of rust as this is the desert. This guy is a talker and really old, he bought his land years ago for a penny!!! He ordered a kit home that was delivered by train and it is now 100 years old. This guy helped build hiway one in California. The head is off and has a .005 warp. He bought the car years ago from a repair shop just as it is. It comes with steelies on it and a set of alloys with good rubber, a new radiator and a bunch of stuff.

Ive just been told all this and don't know what to think other than we better get the tow bar and a couple hours out into the desert. The car is light blue. It must say 9 - 89 on the door or something I don't know what to think but this will make Red White and Blue for this family LOL !!! Leaving now wish us luck!!
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Good luck!
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

good luck with the retrieval
      Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
      Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km
      City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Gods Speed Movin!
        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Good luck indeed!

An '89 with FI and a five speed? Weird! I suppose it could be a transitional model (or the seller's mistake).

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

good luck sounds great! must be a 91 model though
            Last edited by kumalaba; 05-26-2013, 01:13 PM.
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Bet it's a '90 L-plus!

...or what if it's a '90LX? drool

GO MOVIN GO

-Joe
              White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
              White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
              1988 LX 5-speed
              ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

good luck with your drive. let me know if you need a head. i have one for an aspire.
                Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
                1989 festiva lx (mine again)
                1980 triumph tr7 convertible (project)
                1976 tr7 hardtop (parts car)
                1989 dodge caravan turbo
                1975 amc gremlin 4x4 (play toy)

Comment

Good luck and may the force be with you!
                  1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                  1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                  1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                  2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                  2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                  2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                  1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
                    Bet it's a '90 L-plus!

...or what if it's a '90LX? drool

GO MOVIN GO

-Joe
                    yea u r right, dont know why i jumped a year. lol
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Great score! Rust free no less for $200. Pics, didn't happen, blah blah.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Pics asap so that our jealousy may be complete.
                        My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

Well, made it out there, but the girls threatened some truly awful consequences if we were late for the BBQ ...I loaded chains , ropes, two tool bags, a bucket of miscellaneous bolts, nuts and washers, magnetic lights and tow bar. Then my son brought tow straps, chains and...poor car was overloaded leaving town!!!

This was one of those times things sounded weird, especially second hand but I knew this car would be gone quick to some non festy lover just wanting to run another car to death. Did I mention this car was advertised as a parts car??

To add to the mess my son called to let the guy know we were on our way and the guy says that some lady from Klamath had been calling..seemed to know something about these cars. I knew who that was, I helped her get her car a year ago, a really nice LX...and guess who pulled in front of me on 6th street!!! She is a member and really nice but going to check out another festy?? No love lost here when she pulled into a gas station we were heading out of town fast!!

When we got there it was in a little town called Lakeview, oregon's highest town over a mile high. We immediately noticed TWO festivas in front of the house..heart in throats we went up and found out he owned them both and they both were for sale...whew!!

I had the tow bar out before money changed hands...I didn't tell my son but if he even stammered it was mine!!! The alloys were on his other car but we got a set of brand new studded snow tires and some worn 12's on steelies as well on the car. It has a brand new windshield installed!! No wear in bore and no coolant in oil and engine spins free. I have towed so many trailers , and lots of rigs on a rope all behind the festy but never a tow bar car behind my festy, I was nervous about it but this is the way we ended up

Well, we made it out the driveway and it worked okay so we headed for 140 west. The first set of mountains we decided to stop and check all the connections, make sure it was okay. All looked great!!

Well, we went through those mountains and the next couple no problem and it towed great!!

Well, 1/2 way was another park so we pulled in there, way out in the middle of nowhere and had lunch ect.

It is a really nice oasis in the desert, a hole that goes way down to a creek and everything is green! That creek holds really big trout, there was squirrels in the rocks and we really wanted to fish and shoot but the dire threats of the girls came to mind so we wound our way back up out of the canyon...at the top we saw this sign we missed going in, good thing we were not towing a trailer!!!

Well, it is in the spare bay now and the head checked with in spec so more will follow soon!!
                          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Wow! Nice looking Festiva! What a deal!

Good luck getting it running.
                            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Wow. Best looking $200 Festiva ever. Replace the head, wax and add a zero! Thanks for sharing the story.
                              '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                              '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                              '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                              '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                              '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                              '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                              '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Working...
                              X