No announcement yet.

HELP! - Country Festiva Storage and 'Critters'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard cotton balls spread everywhere will keep pests out. Including people arguing about where is better to live! Just toss some around after you create a thread and bam! Gone
    ~Brian

Comment

haha ok I probably didnt really add anything meaningful to this. From personal experience though yes they will damage things. Chewed wires are not as big a deal in a simple car like this but throw in all of the computer controlled systems in newer cars and it ends up being hard to track down weird problems and very expensive. I didnt know the urine would cause such major damage that others are saying, I just thought mainly wires. I will have to keep this in mind!
      Oldest Festiva on the forum (so far) 3/87 LX - 225k
      89 Tracer 13" alloys and dome light. Pioneer stereo, all else is stock.

Comment

Pack Rats! They will chew up every thing from wire to insulation and then stuff it into every nook and cranny of the car. Sometimes it will make you laugh at what they do then it will make you angry at what they did. Check wiring and then check air cleaner and intake. That seems to be their favorite nesting spot in an engine compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by tac View Post
          Pack Rats!
          Hey, dont be making fun of our administrators!
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Squirrels, rats, mice, chipmunks, etc. I'll tolerate those over bees any day.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

As a kid I would throw rocks at wasps nests
              then as they came towards me I would use a 2x4 as a bat
              And smack em into the next yard.
              I could feel them hit.
              It's like the "crack" you feel when hitting a baseball.
              I've also punched bees in the air.
              They just fall down.

Nowadays I just let most animals and insects bee
              If they are beeing peacuful and not attacking me.
              Last edited by rmoltis; 07-10-2013, 02:58 PM. Reason: just bee-cause
              Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

My father in law uses a tennis racket to smack wasps. Apparently it does a pretty good job as an oversized in flight swatter.
                Oldest Festiva on the forum (so far) 3/87 LX - 225k
                89 Tracer 13" alloys and dome light. Pioneer stereo, all else is stock.

Comment

I used to use tennis/badminton rackets for killing wasps.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                    I used to use tennis/badminton rackets for killing wasps.
                    Knew a girl who used to do the same to bumble bees.

One day, like 15 years later she was about 10 miles out in the Gulf fishing, along came a bumble bee and stung her on the neck.
                    I guess it was an ancestor hoping she was allergic. She wasn't.
                    Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Twistiva,

Stuff a rag into the opening of the carburetor and when you get it home vacuum out as best you can. Several old fashioned rat traps set around in the engine compartment might help. A smacked foot or good whack on the snout might discourage them.

Moth balls help, I had several raccoons move out immediately when I spread moth balls around.

Spray some WD-40. Diesel fuel is pretty stinky, a cup of that poured over the top of the engine might work.

Paul
                      Red Rocket 1988 L, 133,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, hit guard rail in snow, RIP, saved everything but body
                      Black Rocket 1988 L 207,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, engine, trans, wire harness, radiator from RR
                      Red Rocket 2 1988 L 138,XXX miles, 4 sp
                      White Rocket 1989 L 128,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC

Comment

Originally posted by Paul39 View Post
                        Twistiva,

Stuff a rag into the opening of the carburetor and when you get it home vacuum out as best you can. Several old fashioned rat traps set around in the engine compartment might help. A smacked foot or good whack on the snout might discourage them.

Moth balls help, I had several raccoons move out immediately when I spread moth balls around.

Spray some WD-40. Diesel fuel is pretty stinky, a cup of that poured over the top of the engine might work.

Paul
                        Paul -

Thx for the tips. Little late for a rag down the carberatour, since the car has been sitting for 12 yrs now, but will keep it in mind if I'm ever in the same situation again. Would sure like to know exactly what kind of critter it was living in that engine bay. Put out poop pellets kind of oblong/oval shaped that were about as big as 2 small peas sitting side by side. That car, when I get to it, will be scrubbed inside and out with new carpet and upholstery to boot. So little time....
                        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Working...
                        X