Met PU241 last night at midnight to deliver parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met PU241 last night at midnight to deliver parts

I always love talking Festivas and what to do with them. Been into the Festiva thing for 7-8 yrs now and still hangin on. Still looking for an engine or better yet a donor 5 spd Aspire or donor 5 spd Festiva for my now not driveable '91. Said he was on it. Gotta love a man that has been around the block, rode hard, and put away wet. lol Good to see ya again buddy !!!
    -Bryant

I've got a ~120k aspire motor in my Festiva right now, runs great and the oil has been changed regularly so its still a nice crisp golden color every time you pull the dipstick. If you want to come help me pull it out its yours for $100...or I can deliver it for 150? I'm keeping the distributor and flywheel but everything else goes with it...including the elusive 93 v rib crankshaft pulley. I should be available on the weekends or after 2pm on the weekdays, doubt it would take more than a couple hours tops to get it out if you wanted to do it in the evening. If you need other parts I know where you can get them for a fair price too.

The engine doesn't leak oil..it does have normal dirt and grime but I've put between 3-4k miles on it since I bought it about a month+/- ago and I haven't added any oil yet..Haha I've only checked it twice!(well 3 times, Karl insisted on checking it at Ohiosteva!) It's due for an oil change though, lifters still sound good, better than the ones in my 110k mile 97 auto.
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 05-27-2013, 10:35 AM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Why you taking it out of the Festiva? I am definitely interested in that but am a little disabled atm. Had shoulder surgery and am not allowed to do anything with it for at least 3-4 more weeks. I would like to come up with a 5 speed and all the swap parts as well. You know of any?
      -Bryant

Comment

I know where a pretty much unmolested 5 speed 93 L is sitting, bad motor and "worn out" bad bushings and steering rack is what I was told. It's been there for months so i'd say that's no rush.

I'm getting tired of 1.3's, I want to upgrade to a 1.6...if you want this engine I could bring it up as soon as this weekend or whenever, if there's daylight and you have a cherrypicker I'd even help you drop it in. I can't gurantee I'll have it toooo much longer my neighbor might snag it out of my yard for his car when I swap to a b6, and its better off in his yard than mine! I probably won't be getting the b6 for a couple weeks anyway though.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I gotta ask, did PU241 glow?
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
            dads always glowing with positive afirmation
            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
              I know where a pretty much unmolested 5 speed 93 L is sitting, bad motor and "worn out" bad bushings and steering rack is what I was told. It's been there for months so i'd say that's no rush.

I'm getting tired of 1.3's, I want to upgrade to a 1.6...if you want this engine I could bring it up as soon as this weekend or whenever, if there's daylight and you have a cherrypicker I'd even help you drop it in. I can't gurantee I'll have it toooo much longer my neighbor might snag it out of my yard for his car when I swap to a b6, and its better off in his yard than mine! I probably won't be getting the b6 for a couple weeks anyway though.
              I'll take the motor for sure. How much do you think for the 93L? I can come down and help a little with the pull, though I am not 100% mobile. I am not working now because of it so I can come pretty much anytime. lmk. I can trailer the 93L and your engine home. If you can call me at your convenience that would be great to work things out. Bryant 740 624-2578
              -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                he did glow a little but when he was hacking his left lung up the glow kinda went away. lol
                -Bryant

Comment

Working...
                X