New Festiva owner sporting the Inbetweeners star ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Festiva owner sporting the Inbetweeners star ride

Hey everyone, just want to introduce myself. I had an opportunity to pick up a Festiva for a great price with a little unique history. It was the car used in the MTV 1-season flop The Inbetweeners, which was a remake of a more popular UK series of the same name. You can see a picture here http://img.poptower.com/pic-93987/th...v-us.jpg?d=600. It ran good and I was able to talk the seller down to $900. I thought it was a good deal for the car, and the fun history just made it better
    Attached Files
    1991 Festiva GL

Nice! We have seen that vehicle around a few times and talked about it before. Someone posted it was for sale recently...glad you have joined us. Cool Car!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

It looks pretty good!! We heard it was going to be in that show and I was certain it was going to meet its demise but it looks great!! Good find!
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

sweet! i love yellow tivas
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Awesome welcome to the site! Any future plans for the new ride?
          Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
          Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
          WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Clean it
            The interior is in pretty bad shape. I'm trying to find parts now; not having much luck. I'm going to try the junkyard this weekend. The driver's seat belt is torn, I need that fixed soon. I have auto seatbelts but all I can find online are manual seat belts so far.
            1991 Festiva GL

Comment

I have a full set of auto belt stuff if you can't find anything in the JY around you. What part do you need? I think I've already got a buyer for the shoulder belts though...
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

The driver's shoulder belt. The stitching has completely fallen out.
                1991 Festiva GL

Comment

Yep that's what happened to the guy that's buying mine. He said he hog ringed it back together for the time being. Sorry, I don't have extras for you. Good luck at the JY. If you fail to find what you need let us know. There are several of us that get what we can for people.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Welcome Aboard! Good to have another Florida Festy!! I sewed mine back togeather. Go to JoAnn's Fabric or any sewing supply shop. Tell them you need to fix heavy web military style backpack. They will show you heavy duty needles & heavy all purpose thread. Then just follow the old holes & triple stich it.
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Welcome Aboard! Good to have another Florida Festy!! I sewed mine back togeather. Go to JoAnn's Fabric or any sewing supply shop. Tell them you need to fix heavy web military style backpack. They will show you heavy duty needles & heavy all purpose thread. Then just follow the old holes & triple stich it. We have a fairly large & friendly group here in Florida. Lots of very knowlegeable members here.
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Just take the seat belt to a shoe repair shop. Their machine is strong enough to stitch back up again like new. That's what I did when I changed the buckles on my seat belts to fit the Tiburon receivers. They have big needles and big thread.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 05-28-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

nice find & welcome to the site!
                          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                            Just take the seat belt to a shoe repair shop. Their machine is strong enough to stitch back up again like new. That's what I did when I changed the buckles on my seat belts to fit the Tiburon receivers. They have big needles and big thread.
                            Congrats on your 4000th post!
                            1991 Festiva GL

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                              Congrats on your 4000th post!
                              You have some catching up to do!
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Working...