Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

general knowledge: year to year changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general knowledge: year to year changes?

Is there a list of year to year changes for the festiva or aspire?..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I don't think anyone has made a list.

But here are a few design changes over the years.
      I will just list the majors ones, there is too many changes when you dig into the different trims levels, and different options for different trim levels for different years.

Carbureted engines had mechanical fuel pumps up on the engine, the Fuel-injected engines use an electric pump in the tank. I don't know if this is typical of cars but I thought I would mention this anyway.
      Carbureted engines were only 88'-89' with 89' Automatics having Fuel-injection, and both Manuals and Automatics from 90'-93 were all Fuel-injected.
      88'-89' had Standard manual belts, while 90'-93 had automatic belts.
      88'-90' had L, and LX trim levels, but 1990 was the only model year to have L-Plus as a middle trim level, 91-93' it was L, and GL.
      The 1990 Model year also saw a slight face lift with a slightly different grill.

Other people will add what I missed, I know there are a few that I am missing.
      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 05-30-2013, 05:28 PM.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

wow, a mechanical fuel pump? never heard of that.. we should sticky this thread.. it'll be good for people who are newbies to the festiva world, like me.

Comment

Originally posted by JMSA540 View Post
          wow, a mechanical fuel pump? never heard of that.. we should sticky this thread.. it'll be good for people who are newbies to the festiva world, like me.
          My link came from a sticky :p It is in the general discussion area at the top

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
          I don't think anyone has made a list.

But here are a few design changes over the years.
          I will just list the majors ones, there is too many changes when you dig into the different trims levels, and different options for different trim levels for different years.

Carbureted engines had mechanical fuel pumps up on the engine, the Fuel-injected engines use an electric pump in the tank. I don't know if this is typical of cars but I thought I would mention this anyway.
          Carbureted engines were only 88'-89' with 89' Automatics having Fuel-injection, and both Manuals and Automatics from 90'-93 were all Fuel-injected.
          88'-89' had Standard manual belts, while 90'-93 had automatic belts.
          88'-90' had L, and LX trim levels, but 1990 was the only model year to have L-Plus as a middle trim level, 91-93' it was L, and GL.
          The 1990 Model year also saw a slight face lift with a slightly different grill.

Other people will add what I missed, I know there are a few that I am missing.
          Look at my link sir it will have lots of info for you! No need to type it all out!
          Last edited by Charlie1717; 05-30-2013, 06:09 PM.
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

A mechanical fuel pump runs off the cam in most cases.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Charlie, awesome link!!

Comment

The rear frame tiedown brackets changed from early (88/89?) to later years. The early ones may not be suitable for a frame-mounted hitch. I've only put hitches on the later style. Photos of both styles are in a thread I started a year or so ago.
                88L black, dailydriver
                88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                4 88/89 disassembled
                91L green
                91GL aqua pwrsteer
                92GL red a/c reardmg
                3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Working...
                X