No announcement yet.

Transmisison drive questoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movin, it' can't be the average... that would put BOTH in a slip situation (the big tire would slip forward and spin, the small one would drag and skip).

Tom the smaller tire will affect the engine RPM and the larger will freewheel to keep up (like you were making a turn all the time)
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Talked to John about all this. We are going to run an experiment in a couple of weeks using his GPS to ascertain true speed. I have a tach in my Aspire to check RPM. We will drive in a straight line on the hwy at 60 MPH, with these front tire combinations:
      Two small tires
      Two tall tires
      Left small and right tall
      Left tall and right small.

That should nail this down for sure.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

true, but i wonder, Tom, why the experiment? as in: is this for your own enlightenment, or is there an alterior motive behind this?
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          true, but i wonder, Tom, why the experiment? as in: is this for your own enlightenment, or is there an alterior motive behind this?
          Yes.

a. just curious
          b. was wondering if it was possible to use just one really large tire on front instead of two, to improve MPG. But that's probably not real practical anyway; two significantly different tires on front might lead to unpleasant handling characteristics.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

May I ask the reason for all the mpg issues on here? I've seen many topics about trying to reduce your mpg? Just wondering why

Comment

Originally posted by mazda121BP View Post
              May I ask the reason for all the mpg issues on here? I've seen many topics about trying to improve your mpg? Just wondering why
              Fixed it for ya.

Improving our MPG is just another aspect of what you can do with these cars, and it's just fun to explore. What I want, for instance, is two different cars: a high-HP sporty car (Festy) and a high-MPG "luxury" car (Aspire).

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Hahaha ok, I just go for high power. Fuels not that expensive... You probably get it cheaper then I do!!

Comment

Working...
                X