Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone have a BSFC map for a 5speed Festy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone have a BSFC map for a 5speed Festy?

Any year would be fine as the gear ratios are the same (I think). Brake specific fuel consumption (BSFC) is a measure of the fuel efficiency of a shaft reciprocating engine. It is the rate of fuel consumption divided by the power produced. It may also be thought of as power-specific fuel consumption
    Last edited by mikeyjd; 06-01-2013, 03:24 PM.
    My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

BSFC has alot to do with head efficiency and dynamic compression, and at this stage in the game, the amount of power each of our engines put out can vary greatly (age/wear/maintenance).

i would think Mr Dickmeyer may have something close to what you're looking for seeing that he has (and used) and engine dyno on a B3 (just not sure if he did a baseline before the mods).
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      BSFC has alot to do with head efficiency and dynamic compression, and at this stage in the game, the amount of power each of our engines put out can vary greatly (age/wear/maintenance).

i would think Mr Dickmeyer may have something close to what you're looking for seeing that he has (and used) and engine dyno on a B3 (just not sure if he did a baseline before the mods).
      Good call. I'll pm matt about it. Iirc he did do a baseline dyno.
      My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

Working...
      X