Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know.....swaybar to body bushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know.....swaybar to body bushing?

Hey all....

I'm looking for someone who could draw out on a computer....I'm sure there's a technical term for this......a detailed dimensional drawing of the sway bar bushing that fits our cars......I'm in contact with a rubber company and want to explore this venture......they said..."We would need a detailed dimensioned drawing of the product you are interested in having molded".

So I'm looking for some assistance.....feedback is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    92 GL, 98k
    77 Chevy shortbed

I have about 30 extra sway bar bushings from the Four Green group buy.
    Why not just send and actual bushing to the guy and he can just take vernier measurements directly off of it? That's exactly what you would have to do anyway.
    Ford will not give you any CAD drawing of any part of their cars unless you are a supplier sworn to secrecy.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-02-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

You have the ones that connect the bar to the frame? If so, I'd like a pair.....then I can forget this idea. Thanks.
      Mark
      92 GL, 98k
      77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

i never tried it yet but there are places, possibly in your area that will do 3D scanning and give you the CD of the part to use for replication. in fact, i'm having myself 3D scanned to send a copy to my workplace.

Comment

i haven't tried it yet, but there are places, possibly in your area that can do 3D scanning. then you have a CD of the results to send off to a chinese factory for replication. i'm thinking of having myself 3D scanned so i can have a copy of myself made for my workplace.

Comment

It's not just the dimensions of the thing that are important, but also its characteristics, such as its elasticity, hardness and so on.

I believe original and urethane replacements are readily available. Why go to the bother of getting some specially made?

Comment

Originally posted by Bathtub Tom View Post
              It's not just the dimensions of the thing that are important, but also its characteristics, such as its elasticity, hardness and so on.

I believe original and urethane replacements are readily available. Why go to the bother of getting some specially made?
              you can't buy them in the US unless it's from overseas, or another country.
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post
                You have the ones that connect the bar to the frame? If so, I'd like a pair.....then I can forget this idea. Thanks.
                Mark

60 cents each + shipping at cost (probably around $2) the next time I'm in the States which will be very soon.

Here is a pic of my leftovers.

Anybody else want some? I have over 40 of those bushings.
                Also, is your lower shifter boot torn? Letting in dirt and water?
                Ask me how I can solve that problem for you.
                Worn shifter bushings?
                No problemo also.
                Help me get rid of this stuff. It's cheap, and it will make a big difference in your driveability!

Comment

If you have the ones that are used where the bar attaches in the front to the frame (one on each side), I could use 4 of those.
                  Or are you talking about the ones that you need 2 of on each side where the sway bar attaches to the LCA?
                  Or do you have both?
                  I could use 3 more of the shifter boots to put on the shelf for my grandkids. They may need them in about 15 years.

Comment

I love customers who know what they want. I will be ordering the front ones on the next order. Soon.

Comment

Hey Brave, I'd love to get a set of sway bar/body bushings but Aspire bars are considerably thicker (about 1/8") than Festy bars. Which ones do you have?

Comment

Bert, I will be ordering the front ones on the next order.
                        I only ordered the end ones that go into the LCAs by mistake.
                        I thought I was ordering the stabilizer shift rod bushing.
                        I will be ordering those too.
                        The reason why I didn't order was because nobody asked for that part until now.
                        I didn't need them. I just installed the expensive red nolathane ones from Australia.
                        I will order the Avella ones to fit the Aspire sway bars.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-02-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                          Bert, I will be ordering the front ones on the next order.
                          I only ordered the end ones that go into the LCAs by mistake.
                          I thought I was ordering the stabilizer shift rod bushing.
                          I will be ordering those too.
                          The reason why I didn't order was because nobody asked for that part until now.
                          I didn't need them. I just installed the expensive red nolathane ones from Australia.
                          I will order the Avella ones to fit the Aspire sway bars.
                          let me know how much those are, I might be interested in a set or two...or three if they're cheap like the lca/sway bar bushings, or close to.
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

you can have this from fourgreen I got a set

Comment

I will be in touch Brave. What do these characters charge for big ticket items like alternators and starters? And do they stock fan shrouds and stuff like that? What about replacement lock sets for doors and hatch?

You realize if this keeps up we're going to have to rename you Roger II from when FMS was 'the' go to Festy source 10-15 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X