Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festy mechanic needed Vancouver area

Hi,

I no longer have space for working on my Festiva, nor much time available. It's a '92 with 85K kilometres. I need to get brakes, front wheel bearings, timing belt done and I'd rather not take it to Canadian Tire. Any recommendations for a good shop or home mechanic or Festy nut who can help me out with this? I have some parts and will pay the going rate. TIA

Sasquatch (from this forum, and owner of Zippy) is the man you want to see. Seems he's been instrumental in helping Vancouverites with their Festys. I think/suspect that he owns and operates a repair facility. Just watch out a B6T doesn't suddenly appear under the hood while the brakes are being re-done. He'll probably get you steered on to Aspire/Rio brakes too, if you're serious about keeping the car.

Comment

which vancouver are you in kit?
      Rod

"Confidence is the most important thing you can teach someone... if you can teach them confidence, you don't have to teach them anything else."

1992 truckiva
      1989 festiva lx (mine again)
      1980 triumph tr7 convertible (project)
      1976 tr7 hardtop (parts car)
      1989 dodge caravan turbo
      1975 amc gremlin 4x4 (play toy)

Comment

Originally posted by roadkyll View Post
        which vancouver are you in kit?
        How many Vancouver cities do you know that might have a Canadian "Pneu"?

Comment

Hey Rod,

I'm in BC, Canada. Sorry, sometimes I forget about our Southern cousin

Comment

Thanks, Bert!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              Thanks, Bert!
              Kit wouldn't be short for Kitsilano now would it? Didn't Vancouver get it's name from British warship Captain Vancouver catching a spear in the chest from restless natives 300 years ago?

Comment

Hi Kit, and welcome to the forum! Once your Festiva is repaired consider coming out this way for Westiva 2013. You can find all the info here. There are a couple of guys coming from your area so perhaps a convoy is in order :mrgreen:
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

For those geographically-challenged Festiva owners, Washington State has a Vancouver fronting on the Columbia River across from Portland. No, not the Portland in Maine, but the one in Oregon.

For those geographically-challenged about Alaska, just south of Anchorage, we have the city of Seward on the Kenai Peninsula, but the Seward Peninsula is many hundreds of miles to the northwest on the Bering Sea, and contains Nome. About 100 miles north of Nome is Railroad City, on the banks of the Yukon River, about 1000 river-miles from the Yukon Territory in the Canadia Arctic. Curiously, Railroad City doesn't have any railroad tracks, or roads, or, to the best of my knowledge, people. Nome has an interesting suburb called Council, reachable by 65-mile gravel freeway from Nome (sort of, it's across the river from the end of the road and there isn't a bridge), and has numerous streets and homes including telephone poles with power lines connected to the houses, but no power, since the transmission line from Nome ends about 50 miles before Council. Council even has a nice airport, but no people, since they all moved to Nome about 112 years ago (two years before Wilbur and Orvill first flew at Kitty Hawk), when the gold ran out in Council. Is it any wonder that Sarah Palin is confused?
                  Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 06-05-2013, 09:24 PM.
                  88L black, dailydriver
                  88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                  4 88/89 disassembled
                  91L green
                  91GL aqua pwrsteer
                  92GL red a/c reardmg
                  3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                  1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Working...
                  X