Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a great way to start a road trip

uploadfromtaptalk1370639451062.jpg

Oil pan gasket replacement failed... on to plan B.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

GPS calculate better fuel economy?
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Ran out of oil.

Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

Sorry to hear it. How's the motor?
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

It should be OK. Used 12 qts of oil to get from Radium to Canmore, about 120 miles. Got to Canmore and decided to get it towed home courtesy of CAA. Now taking our van on the trip.

Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

OK, ultimately all good then. Just a short-term PITA.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the bad luck Ian At least you caught it and nothing else was damaged. Let us know when you identify the location of the failure.
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Zan! Where you been?!!!!!! Missed ya!
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

That is one heck of a inconvenience, I hope the rest of the vacation makes up for it!!
                  At least with that kind of volume it should be easy to find and hard to stay clean!!
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                    Zan! Where you been?!!!!!! Missed ya!
                    Sup Dr. D!!! I've was living/working (7days a week) in New Jersey the last 2 years...so, pretty much on a different planet :mrgreen:
                    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Road trip has been great in spite driving the '04 Montana. Spent today in Portland at Powell's City of Books and at the Pittock Mansion. Tomorrow we head back through the Columbia River Gorge and on to Sandpoint ID.

Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Sounds like a great road trip!

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Just got home. Had a great time once we got going. Working on the blog now, should have it all up-to-date by tomorrow evening. One of the disappointments on the trip, other than the car troubles, was not being able to meet up with Bolokid in Kennewick on Friday night.
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                          X