No announcement yet.

Rear Axle Rot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, my pinchwelds are GONE, but luckily enough it hasn't started on the axle mounts. There was some scale on the passengers side, but I just chipped away most of what I could, and threw a coat of rustoleum paint over each of the mounts.

I do have numerous holes in the floor along the pinchwelds that formed through the factory undercoating.

It does have 309k miles driving through Ohio's salty winters, so it doesn't surprise me that there will be allot of holes, but luckily enough not on at the axle mounts.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
      Yeah, my pinchwelds are GONE, but luckily enough it hasn't started on the axle mounts. There was some scale on the passengers side, but I just chipped away most of what I could, and threw a coat of rustoleum paint over each of the mounts.

I do have numerous holes in the floor along the pinchwelds that formed through the factory undercoating.

It does have 309k miles driving through Ohio's salty winters, so it doesn't surprise me that there will be allot of holes, but luckily enough not on at the axle mounts.
      I just got done replacing the pinchwelds in my '90 was alot easier than I thought it would be, I just put a one inch 90 degree break in the floor pan section I was replacing and put the same breaks on the inner and outter rockers, then spot welded the three peices together and well ah! a brand new, sturdy pinchweld.
      89 LX (461xxx miles original motor and trans, retired)
      90 L (restoration in progress)
      91 L (saved from abusive owner lol)
      92 L (DD)
      88 (model unknown, rust free, possible project)
      88-89 (parts car. practically picked to the bone)
      93 GL (parts car)

Comment

Working...
      X