New Tail Pipe Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tail Pipe Prices

Anyone know of a better deal for a Festiva tail pipe than the $100 including shipping that I'm offered at RockAuto with discount?

I would check with my local muffler shop for prices before I ordered one online.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

OK.... I'll call around tomorrow and see what they say before I order.

Comment

After an engine swap, I just drive my bare engine and down pipe, with the new cat and muffler (and glasspack for the midpipe resonator) in the back, to my local muffler shop. They put it all together for me for about $160.

If I were stopped by a cop, I'd show him the cat and muffler, and ask him to check with the shop to see that I called ahead to schedule an appointment.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Must be your location. R/A shows me one to my door being $96. I had a local muffler shop do a 2" stainless pipe for my yellow car. I took a new pipe to him and had him copy the bends. He left it long on both end so I could do what I needed for connections. I think it was $130 and I'll likely never need to replace it again. I was only getting about 2 to 3 years out of the direct fit pipe in a pipe style. Mufflers were no better.
          '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
          '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
          '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
          '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
          '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
          '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
          '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

After I did the B6 swap, Motoexpress Tig'ed me up 2" stainless steel process pipe for an exhaust. Cost me gas
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Checked local pricing and it still looks like my best deal is to order the pipe from Rock Auto and do the install myself. I've done this install 3 time
              before so it's no big deal for me to do it myself. The muffler that's on the car is currently welded to the old pipe so I'll have to get a new
              bolt on muffler as well.

The 4 dollar difference must be the distance on shipping.

Comment

I was wrong about the 4 dollars.... I had 3 other items on the order that were being shipped from another location
                and when I took those off, the shipping charge for the exhaust pipe that was coming from a separate location dropped too.
                So now the price is $96.98. It's crazy how their order and shipping program works.

Comment

Ended up ordering a pipe and muffler form Summit racing last night at $112 for both including shipping.
                  The exhaust pipe was the Walker Resonator, but the picture it showed looked like a straight pipe and had a hook in the middle
                  instead of the bolt that attaches to a hook on the side of the resonator. I remember when I change my 92L pipe it was like this
                  and I had a hard time getting the heat shield back on and attaching the center pipe hook to the rubber hangers.

So I called back and canceled the order.

In the end I got a AP Exhaust Products 78123 Exhaust Pipe from Amazon for $70.79 and an AP Exhaust Products 70012 Muffler for $36.14.
                  Couldn't get the gaskets cheaper there so I order 4 (only need 2) of these AP Exhaust 9081 Exhaust Flange Gaskets from
                  Rockauto for 1.25 each (Total of $6.47 including shipping). No shipping charges on Amazon because it as Prime shipping eligible.
                  Totoal came to 113.14. (The diagram picture of the 78123 Exhaust Pipe looked just like mine with expanded resonator which had the attaching bolt on the side.) Parts will arrive on Thursday from Amazon.

Link to picture of my current Exhaust Pipe https://picasaweb.google.com/105052195308338442517/Festiva1989ExhaustReplacement?authuser=0&authkey=G v1sRgCL_4mruj_L-JOA&feat=directlink
                  Last edited by 1990new; 06-18-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

When I did mine, since I own a chop saw and a small mig, I just bought 10ft of 1.5 inch diameter steel electrical conduit at Lowes for $12 or whatever it was, and reused the little $20 universal "turbo muffler" from Autoboned that I had installed couple years prior. Did away with resonator and converter.

If I had a pic-a-part yard around here, wouldhave went for some OEM muffler in good shape off similar smallish car. The turbo mufflers dont last real long time.

Way I see it, you either go super cheap like me, or you hire a custom bent stainless exhaust that will outlast three cars.

Comment

Isn't conduit galvanized? Which means when it gets got it emits toxic fumes?
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by Banana Bonanza View Post
                        When I did mine, since I own a chop saw and a small mig, I just bought 10ft of 1.5 inch diameter steel electrical conduit at Lowes for $12 or whatever it was, and reused the little $20 universal "turbo muffler" from Autoboned that I had installed couple years prior. Did away with resonator and converter.

If I had a pic-a-part yard around here, wouldhave went for some OEM muffler in good shape off similar smallish car. The turbo mufflers dont last real long time.

Way I see it, you either go super cheap like me, or you hire a custom bent stainless exhaust that will outlast three cars.
                        Nice that you have the equipment to do that yourself so you can do it for less. But if you don't, it's cheaper to get the bolt together parts and do it at home than having to pay a shop to do the custom creations. There was a decent pipe on one of the Festivas at the local Pull-a-Part except for the fact that
                        they cut them off in front when they pull the catalytic converters.
                        Last edited by 1990new; 06-19-2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X