I'm still alive everyone lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still alive everyone lol

Hey guys, sorry for my absense the last couple months, my new job has lots of overtime and has taken up a lot of my time lately, any spare time i've had i had to devote to trying to get a LEGAL daily driver

Back in oct/nov i picked up a stock festiva from neanderpaul, only downfall was it had a bent frame but served as a great driver, problem is that i simply took the plates off my KL festiva and started driving the stock one without properly licensing it to avoid needing a safety check that i knew it would fail, i decided fairly early that due to the bent frame, i wouldn't keep it long term, so my license plates were due for renewal in July and which i would need to Etest my KL festiva in order to renew the plates, and lately the KL festy pisses me off so thats when i figured put my time/money into something for legal year round use before my KL festiva..... that meant i had a time limit

So since i still have my 323 GT kicking around, i've been putting my spare time into it (i will update my build thread shortly) to prep it for year round DD with the KL swap, i've made lots of progress and then i got offered an AWD protege..... so i bought the protege lol i needed to swap the tranny and i just got it fully licensed and legal yesterday.... woot woot..... so shortly i will continue progress on my 323 to get it finished and it will get put up for sale, special price for forum members of course

i'm hoping now i'll have more time to be back on here like i used to be

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Before all this new job jazz you were busier that a superball shot out of a slingshot in a racquetball court!! My new mental image is akin to spinning into orbit atop of a nuclear blast!
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Lol you're not far off, it's very rare that I get a day to sit and relax

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Good to hear you are still kicking around!
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

well you disapear with one fast car and show back up with 2.... for some reason im not supprised lol
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Damkid's back!
            Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 06-17-2013, 09:44 AM.
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Lol bobby, the protege isn't fast, it just has wicked traction lol won't even spin on dirt/gravel

Comment

well i only give it about 6 months before 1 of 2 things happen. ahem allow me to elaborate. option 1 awd protege beast. option 2 (im leaning toward this one) you find a different daily, rip the awd trans and axles out of the prot mod it to fit on the festy solving the traction problem caused by the power to weight ratio and as a side effect inenvertantly salving world hunger, proving the existance of santa clause, finding atlantas (also jimmy hoffa because that is where he has been since he was reported missing) and last but not least it will cause you to stumble upon a secret wormhole that will take you to the horse head nebula in which you will then race the fastest hover car on the targeted planet and pull it by exactly 3.245987 carlengths thus proving that you have created the fastest festiva in the known universe.

or you could just drive the protege the way it is :dontknow: just sayin
                -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Lmao bobby

I do plan on adding boost to the protege one day, but most likely not til next year after I've made some major improvements to the festiva where I'll wanna drive it while the protege goes under the knife lol

Comment

Chris wrote:

"...any spare time i've had i had to devote to trying to get a LEGAL daily driver."

Damkid: Specializing in illegal daily drivers!

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

No no Karl, I'm usually pretty good with making sure my cars are 100% legal to drive, even with the modifications I do

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                        Chris wrote:

"...any spare time i've had i had to devote to trying to get a LEGAL daily driver."

Damkid: Specializing in illegal daily drivers!

Karl

I hate criminals. I am going to sic Dudley-Do-Right on you.
                        Rule #1: Always rescue damsels in distress.

Comment

I was kidding ya Kid!!

Karl

Comment

Oh I know Karl lol I just didn't want to give the impression I drive illegally on a regular basis lol

Comment

No, of course not! Not on a regular basis, anyway! :p

Karl

Comment

Working...
                              X