chevy metro owners in here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chevy metro owners in here...

guys looking at a 1999 chevy metro, 133K miles, 1.3L 4 cyl, with auto.. and ac

any thing I need to be aware of before I might purchase? anything I need to check out or look for first?

There are some front end parts on these cars that are really susceptible to rotting out. Car immediately becomes scrap because your average welder/auto tech won't touch it (ie repair) for liability reasons. Before you buy get the car up in the air, remove the wheels and take a really good look around for structural holes and/or weld patches. Easiest is to insist the car has a bona fide Certificate of Mechanical Fitness (if that is a requirement for license and registration where you live) that wasn't conducted by the owner.

Comment

Checkout ecomodder.com site they run a lot of them and probably know way more about them.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Don't expect spectacular mileage... its a 4cyl and an auto. Same drawbacks as an automatic festy.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          Don't expect spectacular mileage... its a 4cyl and an auto. Same drawbacks as an automatic festy.
          Yeah but they're (the 3 door versions) mostly 3-bangers and 1 litre displacement. Ought to go forever on a tank of gas if you can manage to get up to speed somehow.

Comment

Working...
          X