G25MR Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G25MR Worth?

I bought a G25MR today with 56,000 miles on it that came with a jdm engine. I would like to know what its worth.

Originally posted by tomcarter View Post
    I bought a G25MR today with 56,000 miles on it that came with a jdm engine. I would like to know what its worth.
    What engine? If its a B series then on this forum its worth a few bucks. If its off a KLZE its only worth a couple pesos. Then if its off a B series is it a Hydro clutch? Then its worth only pesos,but if its a cable clutch its worth some bucks.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

G25MR is hydro. G5MR is cable
      -Bryant

Comment

A few members here have converted the hydro to cable with fairly easy success.
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
          There ya go then its a Hydro- good call!

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
            Really confused by this now,if you look at the chart a 91-92 EGT is a G25MR which you are saying is CABLE. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ted-1-19-10%29 (see post #4)
            I just called a owner of a 91 EGT and he stated its HYDRO clutch,I asked him twice and he stated it has the the dual port master cyl and the slave on the tranny (He obviously new what I was asking him) Really confused someone slap me or straighten me out please. Thx-

Comment

EGT's 91-96 had a G25MR, which is hydro clutch. G5MR which is from a Capri XR2 and some 323GT's I think, have a Cable clutch
              Owner of:
              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
              In progress:
              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
                EGT's 91-96 had a G25MR, which is hydro clutch. G5MR which is from a Capri XR2 and some 323GT's I think, have a Cable clutch
                Then this sticky'd thread needs to be corrected because based on it I assumed the car I was going to drive 150 miles to view was a CABLE. (Glad I asked on the phone) MODS PLEASE FIX THIS........ thx

Comment

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with cable/hydro. The 25 is the 2nd revision of the g5. I think there were changes internal to the trans and maybe the case.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with cable/hydro. The 25 is the 2nd revision of the g5. I think there were changes internal to the trans and maybe the case.
                    Ok thats cool but the sticky is still wrong,correct? Its been my tranny Bible for a couple years now.Just need to know if I'm over-medicated.:thumbs_up:

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                      This is exactly the case. It's revised synchros & other minor changes. The V6 cars use a G25MR as well but you're never going to get one of them to bolt to a B-Series
                      1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                      High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                      Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

So, what engine was this gearbox mounted to?
                        rusEfi - DIY ECU
                        93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

JDM bp engine

Comment

So it's AWD?
                            1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                            High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                            Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Working...
                            X