Getting FMS back online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting FMS back online?

is there a hope in a snowballs chance of getting them back to sell stuff at all? i'm so after so many things from them and their prices were amazing at the time of their last website.. i do expect a bit of inflation, but all the same, for parts like that, i'd part hard cash for them to be shipped to OZ.. anyone else with me on this or am i going to be turning a shade of blue and black out from all the "sparkly little flies i see"?
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

What exactly are you looking for?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I too wouldn't mind seeing some if that stuff resurface.
      Especially the front and back flush style bumpers

-James
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Matt dickmeyer and ernest basicly have become the new fms and we all shoukd except that. Roger (owner of fms) is done with fms. If you want body kits and stuff get ahold of ernest, want performance stuff get ahold of dickmeyer, want suspension stuff ask charlie what to get. I do wish there was a sticky in the fs section that has every thing in a list and who to buy it from, definently think there should be one but fms is no more.
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

here is a small list:

What i would buy
          Festiva Twin Cam Engine Mount Kit
          FMS Sport Springs for Festiva
          FMS Front strut bar
          pretty much everything from the '
          SUSPENSION MOUNTS AND BUSHINGS' section

Wouldn't mind seeing photos of the following

1-83-30T1 - FMS Euro Front Bumper
          1-83-31T1 - FMS Euro Rear Bumper
          1-83-30T2 - FMS J-Spec Front Bumper
          1-83-31T2 - FMS J-Spec Rear Bumper
          1-83-28 - FMS Festiva Side Skirts
          1-83-25 - FMS Festiva Hood
          1-83-45 - FMS Lightweight Hatch
          1-83-21 - Festiva Upper Hatch Spoiler
          1-83-20 - FMS Lower Hatch Lip Spoiler.
          3-83-01 - Tein Coilover kit
          3-87-30 - FMS Front strut bar
          3-83-10 and 11 - KYB GR2 Front / Rear Struts for Festiva
          6-87-995 - FMS Festiva Exhaust
          155-10 - Festiva/Aspire Competition Camshaft
          155-11 - Festiva/Aspire Race Camshaft
          Last edited by jawbraeka; 06-23-2013, 10:25 AM.

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Basically all that stuff was overpriced crap you can get elsewhere now in much better form.

Any engine performance stuff can be had from Dickmeyer. I would trust his stuff over FMS any day.

Body appearance stuff...Ernst/junspeed though there have been issues with quality/shipping.

Suspension stuff, you AU guys get most of the goodies there already. Like said, advancedynamix knows what's up here.

The FMS B6T mount kit was nothing more than a passenger side mount for a b6t with a stock festy trans... doesn't work for a g series swap.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              Any engine performance stuff can be had from Dickmeyer. I would trust his stuff over FMS any day.

The FMS B6T mount kit was nothing more than a passenger side mount for a b6t with a stock festy trans... doesn't work for a g series swap.
              Handy to know for the future.

I'm not doing a g-series atm. just the stock e series. mainly a daily driver.. nothing wild.. just plain ol' vanilla bean for the mean time..
              Last edited by jawbraeka; 06-23-2013, 10:41 AM.

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

I would recommend a weaker engine like a NA B6 dohc at the most then. Or run the B6T naturally aspirated.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Do a search for each of those items. Pictures are on here somewhere.

Comment

im gonna call roger to see if there is any surplus stock left over and if he may be intrested in selling the co all together. it was in colombia md and im only about an hour away
                    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                      Handy to know for the future.

I'm not doing a g-series atm. just the stock e series. mainly a daily driver.. nothing wild.. just plain ol' vanilla bean for the mean time..
                      Your trying to put a b6d from a capri in a stock Festiva..there's nothing plain vanilla bean about that. I don't think you realize what the extra 30 horses is going to do to that car!
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

What happened to the FMS body kit molds? I would pay to have the molds so that more could be made. Of the kits available from the forum guys I still prefer the FMS look.
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts
                        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

^ exactly 1 of the reasons im going to try to bug roger about selling because i hate to see another bunch of parts suppliers dissapear into thin air and end up at som yard sale or something

Comment

i'd be surprised if roger even visits this site anymore after all the FMS bashing that's gone on over the years. i only have my own experience to judge him on but i bought almost every part he offered over a decade and am glad i did. sure, sometimes i got slow shipping or unanswered phone calls but i gave him the benefit of the doubt as being more of an enthusiast than a buisnessman. selling crap? many, many of the parts, especially for the suspension were genuine JDM GT-X pieces sourced from ford of japan and the molds (which i now own) were made from original GT-X parts he was able to accumulate. i doubt that FMS was rogers only income. i guessed he had a day job and maybe a single helper to take calls. ask bravekozak how fun it was to take and make an order,. deal with 4GREEN, recieve and distribute and get paid for a big order. and that from just a single supplier over a short time period. i talked to roger a month ago. he's still into festiva's but i doubt he'll ever be in the aftermarket parts again. and i have no plans to sell fiberglass body kits. don't want no Hate'n on me.
                            Last edited by F3BZ; 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

here are some pics of the 4-way adjustable KYB's FMS used to sell. sorry you iz late to the game jaw but according to some, you should be able to get these cheaper at like RockAuto, Summit Racing, garage sale?

Comment

Working...
                              X