Junk yard day, everyone invited I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk yard day, everyone invited I think

Next Friday, July 5th, Zoom Zoom and I are going to a couple yards to get a few things. One is a yard in McConnelsville that has 3-4 Festivas and 3-4 Aspires (at least they did last spring. he doesn't crush too much). He also has a decent Mazda section. Haven't been there for a while so it should be interesting.

Also going to a private owner 10-12 miles away from the yard that used to be a pizza delivery guy. He used to have 17-18 Festivas but is now down to about 5-6.They are picked of the cool rare parts but still have lots of useable goodies. I am getting the b6 he has in a Tracer and Matt is looking for a few other misc's.

I haven't checked with Matt yet but am sure it would be nice to see a couple of us get together and have a fun gathering of Festy brothers, and maybe get some much needed parts as well. Chime in if you are interested. The more the merrier. Maybe we could even source a couple different yards in the area too.
    -Bryant

Yea for sure the more the merrier!! (Until some punk tries to pull my parts Haha )

Should be a good time, we could probably meet in like mcconnelsville or something if its alright and cruise to the yard/s from there, it seems to be a central location to the destinations. If anybody wants to come and doesn't want to burn more gas I have a passenger seat, beware the extra b6 powers tho!
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Me too. I will have my back seat removed so Hopefully I can bring home the B6 and stuff for it. I will try and hook up with the private guy and make sure all is good and make sure he will be there. It's only 1/2 hour drive so I will do it this week sometime.
      -Bryant

Comment

I wish I didn't have to work!
        1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
        1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
        1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
        2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
        2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
        2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
        1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

I'm gonna see if I can get off work. McConnelsville is about 150 miles away from where I am coming from.
          1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
            McConnelsville is about 150 miles away from where I am coming from.
            Ditto, 147 for me according to google maps.

I will think about it. The only part I am really looking for is a clean, and straight drivers side fender for a white Festiva L, I am pretty much set until I start pulling parts for A/C.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I got dibs on rear interior panels from 88-89 festusees! That and a couple random run of the mill things are all I'm after really. Of course it's hard to tell what you'll run into haha..
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

There is a 90 lx at the McConnelsville yard. Pretty sure there is A/C stuff still on it. I'm also thinking Aspire swap stuff. Unless they have a Rio. I'll check that too.
                -Bryant

Comment

I would also like to get a rear cargo panel cover for an 89' if they have a second one. Also I have first dibs on the shelf thingy under the passenger seat, if they ever exist anymore! I'm looking for other odds and ends too to maybe improve the inside of the car like seats, door panels, carpet, ex.....

These hot days are making me think about puting an A/C in mine too.......hmmmmmm

Mike

Comment

I have been to all of the places we are going to. Pretty much all the cool stuff is GONE, thanks to me. BUT ALL of the good hardware stuff it still there. Plenty of good parts to be had for sure. No under seat trays, cargo covers, Factory cruise, wings, tachs, swoopies, cargo lights, etc. There is a hatch latch switch with wire I am gonna try and get now that there will be help getting the crashed hatch open.
                    -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                      No under seat trays, cargo covers, Factory cruise, wings, tachs, swoopies, cargo lights, etc. .
                      Bummer!

Mike

Comment

UNLESS!!!! ...they got a new car in recently. But I know Morgan county pretty well. Lots of Festivas, but all hillbilly owners. They like to tear stuff up, so even if there was a new one there, I wouldn't hold my breath. lol
                        -Bryant

Comment

I talked to the private guy. He will be there Friday. I also talked to the JY in McConnelsville. They still have Festivas and Aspires, but couldn't tell me what was still on them. Should still be ok. Both places are 18 minutes apart. Another yard about 20 minutes from there has a couple Aspires if anyone is interested.

I'm ready to go parts shopping. Who else is in for this Friday?
                          Last edited by Gomez; 07-01-2013, 02:32 PM.
                          -Bryant

Comment

ill b there for sure, hope i get to drive the festy its tore down right now
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

How about meeting at the Mcconnelsville McDonalds then cruising to the junk yard? You know the area better so let me know what you think!

3910 N State Rte 60 NW, McConnelsville, OH 43756
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Working...
                              X