Hello my name is......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello my name is......

Hello everyone and welcome to this weeks CMA (Car modders anonymous) meeting, thank you all for joining me and I hope we all can share our addiction so it doesn't overwhelm our lives

(yes I got bored and thought this would be a fun topic lol)

I'll start

Hello my name is Chris and I have an addiction.... It feels good to finally admit to my problem..... I always have the need to seriously modify my cars, it has taken up a lot of my budget and time and each time I finish a project I get the urge for more and more.... I think I need help

I've been wanting a solid daily driver that i dont modify so it stays reliable and I now have an AWD protege for just that.... But all today at work I spent day dreaming about what heavy modifications I could do to it, especially knowing I could buy an adapter plate for a KL to bolt to the B series bell housing meaning I could have an AWD KL.... Or have mattdickmeyer build the hell out of a BP for me with a nasty turbo, E153 AWD trans, custom mustang rear diff w/custom rear axles, one piece driveshaft drool sooo many options to choose from

It just happens, I get bored at work and these ideas just come into my head and then I start thinking technically as to how to make these things a reality and then it's all downhill from there with buying parts and installing them, next thing I know I'm driving a project car that's not my Festiva, ugh

But It feels good to share my addiction with all of you, who would like to share next?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

hello my name is bobby d, aka kid-riddlin, aka bboy knucklehead, aka super duper booper pooper scooper, aka bebot, aka petrie, aka jimmie newtron... i think thats about it for now and finally to the point I AM AN ADDICT!

it started so innocently when i was a teen, just looking at magazeens and using my imagination. then it lead to car (peep) shows where i could look but not touch after that it was me sneaking ito the garage and sitting in my step dads 1930 ford coup... oh goodness yea! but it didnt stop there i would start to take advantage of my friends cars i was such a bad friend because i got up all on that na-meen. so it came time for me to get my own beater... but i just couldnt stop! it had to... well you know. it then started with simple stereo upgrade, then rims, then .... it had to be slammed! so i slammed it againand again and again i just couldnt stop. it went on like this for awhile, i went from one to the other to the other and so on. IT GETS WORSE FROM HERE! i couldnt just have one anymore! like chris said i had to have the one at home, the one i knew would always be there when i needed her and wouldnt let me down ...... but i have wants and needs ya know! so i had to have alittle sumthin on the side, oh yessim i did. i had to have sumthin that i could beat up and she would take it somthin that i could take out and impress all the boyz and make all the other candy jellous... i know i got it bad but i will not apoligise because im the one who has to live with this curse and will own up to it daily till i sleep in the dirt

i left some details out until the next meeting but thank you so much chris for giving me a safe place
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

amatures....

lol
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

the story must be told
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Hello my name is Bert. I officially become old in a few more days and become eligible for Can Pension Plan. Won't happen though, I can't afford to retire. I went through the performance craze already 4 decades back with steadily bigger engined Austin Minis and after a spectacular crash in 1977 have since gone off in the other direction towards practicality, reliability, fuel economy and incorporating things that make a car easier to service.
          I have to say that discovering this forum was a supreme catalyst towards making longer term goals for a Festy. I distinctly remember laughing out loud when my mother proudly arrived at home with her very first brand new car: a red Festy L 5 speed in 1993. Ultimately my dad got rather attached to it for it's economy, driveability and ease of parking, too. His Chev Impala didn't get out much anymore when mom gave up driving 10 years ago. I accidentally came across a $50 Festy 'parts car' in the same year and colour in 2004 but after major work on the brakes, knick knacks and exhaust wound up driving it myself for 150000 km.

Probably the best ever improvement I've made to a Festy is the Aspire swap. The car looks less timid, the ride and handling is much improved and the brakes last longer and (fronts particularly) are much easier to service and I can actually shop for premium tires. The constant experimentation by various forum members has also yielded other improvements such as 2 hole Rio top hats for 'poor man's' power steering. It may come to pass that I get up the gumption to transplant in a bigger engine, if ever I come across one that is convenient, affordable and not had the daylights kicked out of it. Right now, seeing as the car failed the Ontario e-test (last week) a low-mile roller rocker B3 is slated to go in sometime soon.

Festy extreme mod pioneers like addict Damkid have been an inspiration to many of us mere mortals.

Comment

Meetings are for quitters :p
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Here Here!!!
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I second the Locomotion!
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Never said I was quitting though :p

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

My name is Josh, and a problem has me.

Started with a Neon. Gutted everything not making it run but the interior, and planned on keeping it forever. Then it bit me in the buttocks, and so I moved on. That's where it started.

Cash flow and tool shortage keeps me reasonable-ish, but that won't last forever, and it never really stops me. Just slows me down. A newer car didn't stop me either. Was paying on it and at the same time had a long tube ready to install, cut down the shifter to a more reasonable level, dropped $$ on a K&N CAI, and was looking for wheels when I sold it. Knew I had to get back to basics, and here I am.

But I don't think I've ever eaten a fish.
                    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Hello , my name is Gary. I love moddin' my Festy! I don't think that is a problem. The only problem I have is I can't find a B6, or a Aspire to do MORE to my beloved Festy!! Oh, & a intermittent wiper switch, & I can't afford KYB's & FMS lowering springs, & well....a few other things. See I DO NOT have an addiction!!!! LEAVE ME ALONG!! I don't need any intervention, just MORE parts! Any parts!
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                        Hello , my name is Gary. I love moddin' my Festy! I don't think that is a problem. The only problem I have is I can't find a B6, or a Aspire to do MORE to my beloved Festy!! Oh, & a intermittent wiper switch, & I can't afford KYB's & FMS lowering springs, & well....a few other things. See I DO NOT have an addiction!!!! LEAVE ME ALONG!! I don't need any intervention, just MORE parts! Any parts!
                        We've gotta be the only bunch of complete idiots that lust over dead and dying Aspires and crashed 323s and Capris. Mind you this makes Sunday (and everyday) drives, and poking through want ads, have a purpose. Someone will develop a 12 step program to wean us off this fascination, someday.

Comment

I know an addict always comes up with ways of justifying his/her actions, but I don't have a problem, its more of a hobby to keep me busy than anything. I don't HAVE to drive a Festy or aspire, I do because they're fun, and if that ever changes i'll be looking into whatever the newest kia on the market is for a daily driver.

This is all my wifes fault anyway. I wanted another Jeep to replace the one I sold when we got together.. she talked me into a cheap shoddy looking Aspire that ran good and got 44mpg.
                          Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-25-2013, 09:32 AM.
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Hello, my name is john and I just enjoy working on cars. It's a hobby, nothing more and I can quit anytime.

Just because all the local parts stores know me by name means nothing.

...it's everyone else that has a problem.

Sent from my SPH-D700
                            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                              Hello, my name is john and I just enjoy working on cars. It's a hobby, nothing more and I can quit anytime.

Just because all the local parts stores know me by name means nothing.

...it's everyone else that has a problem.

Sent from my SPH-D700
                              Word

Well spoken sir.
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X