Festiva Used Car Lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Used Car Lot

I had all four of my Festivas lined up in the driveway to take a picture for my new avatar earlier this week.
    A fellow who lives in my neighborhood, that I have never met stopped and asked if I was setting up a used car lot for Festivas.

Of course I was happy to tell him all about my Festivas. Turned out he owns a motorcycle shop on Folly Road and is
    in the process of rebuilding an old 30 something flat head ford at his shop... said he is just getting started and has a long
    way to go...so I should stop by and take a look at it. I remember when I was about 6 or 7 we had a 30 something Ford
    that the body was removed from the steering wheel back and a flat wood platform was mounted. That was our "peach flat"
    We used in the orchard to haul peaches out of the field amount other things.

I was doing a google search to see if I could find a picture of what one looked like and came across this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/inmanignites/

The 26th picture down is similar to what I'm talking about, but ours was a later model and didn't have seats. You just
    sat on a cushion on the wooden floor to drive.

This town with the car show (Inman, SC) was the closest to our farm (about 7 miles away) and was where I went to high school.
    Last edited by 1990new; 07-06-2013, 08:23 PM.

Peaches are my favorite fruit.

My uncle had a fruit farm in Grimsby just below the Niagara Escarpment. Beautiful peaches, cherries, pears, apples.

Peaches are my favorite fruit.

Did you know man was created to eat fruit?
    That is why our diets are so screwed up with fries, hanburgers and Coca-Cola.

You are psychic. I just sent a text message to my son about the Woodward Cruise on August 17th.

Freestone peaches are my favorite fruit.
    Hawaiian Gold pineapples are second.
    Bing cherries are third.
    Raw unripe Medjool dates are fourth.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-06-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X