Lambrecht Chevrolet Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambrecht Chevrolet Company

Auction in Pierce, Nebraska September 28th - 29th.
    You certainly can't take it with you.

Can you say NOS? Too bad it wasn't a Ford dealership.
    Otherwise there might have been a couple of new Festivas in there.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-11-2013, 07:52 AM.

Wow that's amazing. I want to see more pics!
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

That is simply amazing, it will be interesting to see what some of those cars bring.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I kind of wonder if any of that stuff is all siezed up... Nebraska can get pretty humid, I didnt watch the video but were they in climate control? the dust makes me think no... I guess its like a really really good barn find
        Oldest Festiva on the forum (so far) 3/87 LX - 225k
        89 Tracer 13" alloys and dome light. Pioneer stereo, all else is stock.

Comment

I saw this a month back. I was drooling at first then got to thinking of the condition. Paint is shot or at least it doesn't match the mileage and right on about the rust etc. from sitting, seals etc. etc.

I really like the Truck. I'm a Ford fan but would love to have that. Can you say great start for any custom job on any of the cars?
          -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
            Wow that's amazing. I want to see more pics!

Comment

Originally posted by db2u View Post
              I kind of wonder if any of that stuff is all siezed up... Nebraska can get pretty humid, I didnt watch the video but were they in climate control? the dust makes me think no... I guess its like a really really good barn find
              The thing about these cars is, they are complete and that's what collectors want.
              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

good point... complete and numbers match
                Oldest Festiva on the forum (so far) 3/87 LX - 225k
                89 Tracer 13" alloys and dome light. Pioneer stereo, all else is stock.

Comment

I'm anxious to see what they go for.
                  -Bryant

Comment

I would think EVERYTHING would be rusted internally. Even here in the NW where we only get 37"/year of rain (vs. the Bay Area's 17" and 66" in places like Birmingham, Alabama), an airplane engine left not running for a few months becomes unrepairable junk due to pitting on cam lobes, crank journals, cylinder walls (even if chromed), etc. Once you have pitting into the hardened surfaces, it spreads quickly down to the softer material below which wears like crazy. Even manufacturer-recommended "pickling" only buys you a few months. I can't imagine that car engines and other car moving parts are all that much different.
                    Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 07-11-2013, 11:17 PM.
                    88L black, dailydriver
                    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                    4 88/89 disassembled
                    91L green
                    91GL aqua pwrsteer
                    92GL red a/c reardmg
                    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                      Can you say great start for any custom job on any of the cars?
                      The surest and quickest way to depreciate a collector's item is to bankroll a 'customization' of it!

Comment

I understand that, "in normal situations". But that depends on the condition. We do not know the actual condition of these cars. Original low miles I guess means more than anything, but the actual value of a car to me means more using it than looking at it in showroom condition. If they are trashed, I meant, they might turn out to be the perfect platform for a custom since things get tore down anyway and are really no more well off than any other find.

Finding an old car has more than one meaning or purpose. To some people building a 350-400hp BPT Festiva is the "Holy Grail". 65 mpg may be to others. To me an original Mint low mile Hemi Cuda is worth about as much as a roll of wet toilet paper unless I have built it modernized it and made it to where I can enjoy it the way I like to drive. If I had the money to buy. I sure as heck would buy that truck and customize the living crap out of it. Just Sayin. The guy that does buy it is obviously in no hurt for money so pretty good chance he isn't buying it for an investment.

This event is a rare one indeed and a great chance for ANY type of auto enthusiast to enjoy. Looking forward to see the comments and reactions the Auction may/WILL bring.
                        -Bryant

Comment

Those cars and trucks will be just fine. Maybe some leaky seals and such, but no big deal. Stuck motors can be broke loose, done it many times. If the guy had someone go out and turn them over a couple times every year or so, they should run. The thing is, the guys who can afford to buy a '58 Cameo in showroom condition with zero miles could care less if it runs.....and would probably never drive it anyway. Just clean it up and take it to car shows or add to their personal museum or collection. You will never find another one in 110% original showroom condition. They're probably worth more if you leave them alone rather than even touch a bolt or try to replace anything.
                          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Holy cow!

This auction should bring in several million. Easy. 500 cars? 500 OLD cars?

I'm guessing $2 million if they advertise throughout the country aggressively. That's an average of $4K apiece. Gotta get the right collectors at the auction.

Am very curious why the dealership closed so abruptly. The owner was obviously a collector of 50's and 60's American-made cars.

BTW, no Festivas....I scanned the full 500-car inventory.
                            Last edited by Twistiva; 07-17-2013, 10:52 AM.
                            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

A 1977 Ford Fiesta! lol

Man, they have some cool cars. Not just chevy's .... but ford, dodge, plymouth. A couple Studebaker's ..... and even a Kaiser!!!!!!!!

Yeah, all those will bring in some moolah!
                              Last edited by drddan; 07-17-2013, 12:16 PM.
                              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
                              X