Tip: You can pricematch at Autozone with prices from RockAuto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip: You can pricematch at Autozone with prices from RockAuto

Just thought I would throw this out there, but since working at Autozone, I have learned that you are able to price match parts at Autozone, with the prices from Rockauto.

I am not sure about in store brand stuff, like Valuecraft, Duralast, etc. I don't think so.

They are supposed to price match Special order stuff (VDP parts) but some Autozones don't do it since they don't know the policy like they should.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Sweet!!!
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

So the super expensive NGK plug wires that cost 30 bucks on ra.com should be $30 at autozone too?
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

SWEEEEET nice idea Matt
        -Bryant

Comment

I guess autozone doesn't sell ngk's?

and advance has them at $32...hmmmm
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Do you need to bring proof?

According to the guys you went to , it would only apply to the stuff in stock?

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
              Do you need to bring proof?

According to the guys you went to , it would only apply to the stuff in stock?
              I am sure you would have to bring proof, or else anyone could walk in claiming anything could be this price or that price.

They didn't tell me anything about any pricematching policy after they had hired me.
              I had only found out about the pricematching from another employee that had done it with a radiator.

Also I haven't even been able to find anything on the price matching policy on their website, so I guess autozone really doesn't want allot of people to know about it. lol
              I need to find out more on this policy when I go into work today. I'll ask one of the managers.

About it applying to only things in stock, that is just what I was able to find on google, some people could get it on VDP parts, some couldn't, but people on other forums who have talked to some higer-ups at autozone about it and they say it is in thier policy to price match VDP parts.
              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 07-12-2013, 11:40 AM.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
              X