Totaled my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totaled my car

:cry_smile: Sunday my red car got totaled. Been too shook up to tell you all any sooner.
    I didn't realize my wife was so in love with festivas...maybe she didn't either.

We went hunting and looked at a lot of options, she was clear that she wanted another festy, not one of our other cars..?! And she wanted to pick out ( my?? ) new car..

We settled on this little cream puff made in 5/87..

[/URL]

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Are you parting the other one? Please dont scrap

Comment

Yeah, take some parts from the totaled one and use 'em in the new one!
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Man that sucks what happened?! You make it out in one piece? Hope everyone was alright!
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Where yo out on the trails with it?
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Oh...P.S. The new one looks like a great score!
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Details, man! We wanna hear 'em! :car:

What the heck happened to your RED rider? Sorry to hear its been totalled!

Nice new (to you) Festy anyway!!!
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Thats a really old build date...wonder if it has that shorter geared 4 speed?
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                  I didn't realize my wife was so in love with festivas...maybe she didn't either.
                  Ha! That is funny!
                  Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                  Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                  Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                  Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    Thats a really old build date...wonder if it has that shorter geared 4 speed?
                    Mine is 03/87, when did they start importing these to the US market? That seems way too early to be an 88 model.
                    I have a 5 speed, so not relevent to me, but they had two different 4 speeds on these?

Sorry if this is thread hijacking...
                    Oldest Festiva on the forum (so far) 3/87 LX - 225k
                    89 Tracer 13" alloys and dome light. Pioneer stereo, all else is stock.

Comment

Thats a really old build date...wonder if it has that shorter geared 4 speed? what are you talking about? and what years had a short geared 4speed? mine seems short is the reason i'm asking thanks

Comment

I'm gonna miss seeing the red beast on here! Hope all is ok otherwise. Nice to see you in another Festiva, and a very nice looking one at that!

Comment

congrats on new find! sorry about redcar
                          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

What happened? Well, we had just went through a rock crawl, me, 2 samurai's and a lifted big tired 67 ford bronco. I didn't want to take the next few crawls as the rocks get bigger, I have the clearance but my ATV tires would not be big enough to get up from between the rocks. The samurai's have two transfercases so have like 15 gears..ARB's, so did the bronco,they wanted the big stuff. I stopped at the bottom of a drainage to send them off in one direction while I climbed a goat trail back to a dirt road. When they finally came over the rise catching up the bronco lost its brakes and the festy is all that stopped him from going over the edge..it likely would have been really serious. My festy was against a log I was getting ready to hop going out of there, so the car stopped the bronco and as I was in gear and motor off the festy just shoved the log and kept us all on the rock crawl, people wise we were really lucky. It threw me around and all my stuff, heck, it took 10 minutes to find my keys, they flew out of the ignition and were under the passenger seat at the door sill!

My car had no mechanical failures and I was popping and snapping but okay so we went on through. By the days end the festy was the only one with no mechanical failure ..go figure! Had to give the samurai guys a ride home!

The body shop quoted 2500 for line ex which is not as good as reflex. I quoted 2500 for the parts and labor to lift another. Another rust free straight festy around here seems to be running between 1200 and 3000 depending..so they said it is totaled.

My friend that clobbered me has insurance but wanted to cash out so my wife and I bought this one and just love it. The red one I will keep and as it is cashed out I can restore it . The title will be clean with no history of a wreck other than what I write here.

My brownie points will be cashed in and I will have help on a frame rack to pull the cars sheet metal back and further help to weld torn metal together and to finish the body. I will order the reflex out of Canada and massive quantities of brownie points will get the rear half recoated in color matched red, followed by two coats of paint and a coat of clear, just like I have.

Further, the new car will not be offroaded, it will get a trailer hitch, it will be lavished with needed mods but more like most of the members here do. The new car is a four speed but I have no idea if it is low or high geared. The carb and all looks and works like new. The vacuum hoses, emissions, all are in tact and working. SO..two festies in the driveway, one across town in daughters possession and a son with a light blue one he says he is going to sell. My wife vetoed it because the two front seat belts are cut on the shoulder part and the drivers door latch is broke and there is a hole in the drivers seat.

My son thinks we should have bought his, I think he should keep it...dang rare family squabble over a festiva!!! One of my customers will probably buy it instead but..dang kids! hmmmmmm
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Isn't that light blue one the one you just towed home not long ago? Those seat belts are easily replaced!!!! Seats and door locks too...one key opens all Festy door locks.

It's cool that the red one gave its life saving a life, and it got you home!!! I guess now you could get really crazy with it since its just a off roader. 28" swampers all the way around?!??!!
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X