Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Auto Transmission Mount Part #

Hey all.

About to get my new/used exhaust on, and my front trans mount has been out for a long time (since I got the car), and I don't want my new stuff to be ruined all over again.

I've checked all over the interwebs, Guugle, Ore/Advance/AZ websites, and I can't find anything but manual mounts. Can't find on Fourgreen, either (though I'm not very good with that site). I know they can get it, as Oreilly said they could about a year and a half ago, but it's no longer on their website.

I'm talking about the one that's directly behind the radiator support, that looks like a donut with bolts coming out of it.

Or if someone happened to have a new/like-new one they didn't need, I'd gladly buy that at a fair price.

Thanks so much!

-Joe
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

I used 2 hockey pucks to repair mine. The O.D. of the pucks fit snug into the outer ring of the mount.

I then used a brad point drill bit made for wood to make the hole for the bolt sleeve.

Assembled the unit and bolted it back in.

There was a suggestion one time about using windshield urethane as a way to repair the mount.

Comment

I actually have a bottle of the 3M window weld stuff, but I can't have my car down for more than 24hrs. The only time I can work on it is weekends, and it's my only car with more than one seat (only two driveable cars, racecar has driver's only). My mom wants me to take her somewhere atleast one day a week, which happens to be a weekend, which takes my only time to repair the darn cars!@#!@#!@$%@!#

Gotta love it lol.

-Joe

Guess I'll go to Dick's Sporting Goods and get some pucks if I can't get the right part. :p
      Last edited by Spike; 07-14-2013, 05:47 PM.
      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
      1988 LX 5-speed
      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Working...
      X