b6 builds and info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6 builds and info

What sites do you b6 guys use to.get info and.builds and stuff?
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Need a bit more detail in order to help guide you, Milton.

1) Have you finished the swap already?
    2) SOHC/DOHC?
    3) Turbo/Supercharged/NA?
    4) Looking for more power?
    5) Looking for more fuel economy?
    6) What's your prospective budget?
    7) Do you have lots of good tools already?
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

everything you need is already here, why would you need another site to tell you about a festiva?
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I don't really use any sites other than for purchasing parts. What kind of info are you looking for? I did a pretty in depth build thread for a 1st gen B6 a while back that I can send you a link for. Also, I build quite a few B engines so feel free to ask any questions or PM me if you like. I currently have a B6ME and a B6D on stands in my shop that me and Motoxpress are rebuilding and doing some mixing, matching, and modifying.
        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

^Zanzer is your go to guy +1
          Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
          Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
          WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

@Aaron: a little more power while I do a monster build.
            I have a lot of tools bXE ewut some need replacing as my family tend to wander into my garage:-)

NA/availability would dictate dual or.single.

@zoomzoom: its soo scattered and incomplete that it hurts my head.

@zanzer. Im looking for a drop-in as possible with some upgrades for fun.

I read about the miata engines but i need to know about putting one in a festi
            Fast....Women are fast
            Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

That fastest drop in would be a 1st gen B6. It's pretty much a direct swap and you go from 63hp to 82hp for a bone stock drop and swap. Do some work to the terribly restricted head and you can bump that up some more and get it closer to B6ME numbers (88hp). That gives you at least a 20hp gain with minimal effort.

Here's a link to a B6 rebuild I did a while back. This motor is currently on the stand and getting ready to go into my white 93 and not the red GL as stated in the thread. I need to update the thread with some pics of the finished engine.

Here's a link to head porting thread I did at the same time. It details some of the problems with the B3 and B6 head on the exhaust side. I have done 3 other heads like this that are currently on running cars with good results. One is a B6 automatic car that feels like a B6/5 speed swap. I was pretty impressed when I took it for a test drive

When you swap the to the B6 all you have to change is the injectors, VAF, and injector harness. It can easily be done in a weekend. Or if you want it done a little faster you can run off the B3 electronics, although there is some debate about doing this and the engine running at it's full potential.
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Autocorrect not miata.
                Fast....Women are fast
                Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

I can vouch for the simplicity of the early B6 swap. Drove the car into the garage on Friday evening under B3 power; drove it out on Sunday afternoon under B6 power working mostly on my own. First thing Monday morning I drove it to the exhaust shop. That was almost 6 years ago!

Other than the injector plugs and the ECU it was a classic "plug and play" install.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                  X