Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife That Wants One!

Hey all...This is the wife...
    anyway, we got husband's Beastiva off of Postaroo for 200 bucks. One look at this matchbox car, and I was in love.. :love4: After a tune-up, oil change, 4 new tires, and clutch later, runs like a charm. How should I go about convincing him that I am worthy to drive it? Only thing is that I have never driven a 5 speed.. :shock:
    '90 blue Beastiva

dont worry when people want to learn how to drive a manual car i let them learn on my car (well used to :twisted: ). you can find festivas any where for cheap so go find your self one :roll: :idea:
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Whats not to love ! My wife has been driving a festiva since 1991. Ive try to talk her into getting something else ( secretly because I want her festy ) and she wont hear of it. No way!!! Maybe your husband would show you how to drive the 5 speed. Got any pics of Beastiva ?
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I once taught a woman to drive a 5 speed because she had just gotten an '89 Golf. We tried that at first, but the shifter was difficult, so we switched to my '89L Mutt (before it was the Mutt). Much easier. She ran a red light, though. Scared the crap out of me!

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

No pics. It's just a blue Festiva...very adorable (can I say the word adorable on a man's website?) I am kinda scared to drive a stick...I would never hear the end of it if I stripped something. If ya can't find it, grind it, right?
          '90 blue Beastiva

Comment

i wouldn't worry too much about grinding gears, because i've accidentally did that quite a few times and it hasn't hurt anything. Gotta learn somehow

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Its easy, you will pick it up in no time. The most difficult situation for beginners is taking off after stopping on a steep upgrade, esp if someone pulls right up on your rear bumper.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

at least 6 people have learned to drive a stick on my festiva and the clutch is still in really good condition. i'm sure you'd have no problem learning w/ a little guidance. festiva clutches are pretty easy to use.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

this is what you gotta do,

go work for a Volvo dealership,

prepping and test driving the new cars

my first one, i never got out of first gear, all the way around the 3 mile test loop :twisted:

but i got the hang of it after about 35 cars later

Comment

Hey i should get a job like that :idea:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Re: Wife That Wants One!

Originally posted by wolfggangus31
                      Hey all...This is the wife...
                      anyway, we got husband's Beastiva off of Postaroo for 200 bucks. One look at this matchbox car, and I was in love.. :love4: After a tune-up, oil change, 4 new tires, and clutch later, runs like a charm. How should I go about convincing him that I am worthy to drive it? Only thing is that I have never driven a 5 speed.. :shock:
                      :withstupid:

my wife is not coordinated. i told her it takes hand,eye and foot cordination. i dont think she can do that.
                      '90 blue Beastiva

Comment

Working...
                      X