My new DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new DD

2013 , sel , fwd , 3.5 , 19" , my touch, tri-coat white . Its only a couple bucks more then my '10 fusion per month. So why not.

Drives like a dream , Its missing the black wheels (powdercoat the oems) and trims. Ill do that when I get a chance.

Jeez you just went out and bought an ordinary car! My neighbour, with a perfect 70's 340 Duster has become so enamoured with his (something or other Dodge-made ordinary and modern that doesn't catch my eye (not a Charger or Challenger) is now tearing up the streets in that thing all the time and says he loves it for superior performance and handling compared to his vintage 'prize'. I do now hear whenever he goes to work in the morning; exhaust was upgraded and some sort of K&N air filter business was fitted on.
    Enjoy your baby. One thing about the modern era is planned obsolescence, degrading and complicated electronics and pervading plastics will render a car worthless within a decade merely through age, air and sunlight no matter how hard you try.
    Perhaps we should all try to live more for the moment than trying to relive the good old days.

Comment

PhoenixSEL? Doesn't sound quite as nice.
      -Donny
      -1992 Festiva GL
      B6D/E-series.
      -1991 GL
      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
        Jeez you just went out and bought an ordinary car! My neighbour, with a perfect 70's 340 Duster has become so enamoured with his (something or other Dodge-made ordinary and modern that doesn't catch my eye (not a Charger or Challenger) is now tearing up the streets in that thing all the time and says he loves it for superior performance and handling compared to his vintage 'prize'. I do now hear whenever he goes to work in the morning; exhaust was upgraded and some sort of K&N air filter business was fitted on.
        Enjoy your baby. One thing about the modern era is planned obsolescence, degrading and complicated electronics and pervading plastics will render a car worthless within a decade merely through age, air and sunlight no matter how hard you try.
        Perhaps we should all try to live more for the moment than trying to relive the good old days.
        By all means this 3.5 has 280hp , does it feel faster then my 3.2 sho 2002 in signature (245hp on dyno)? A big NO, Its fancy , its heavy , and you know gas drains from the bottom when you floor it. Plus , its drive by wire , it takes ages before it actually goes. Its the car to go to work with and do groceries. This is 30k , and the SHO 2013 is 45k, No thanks.

Originally posted by xaero_81 View Post
        PhoenixSEL? Doesn't sound quite as nice.
        Oh my 2002 sho is still there , plus the shogun in the workings...I still got some sho blood.

Comment

Why not a 2.0 ecoboost?
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

These cars are crazy nice inside. I like it. Front looks sweet too.
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              Why not a 2.0 ecoboost?
              the 2.0 is optional ,plus this is the one they had , exactly like I wanted it , with a good rebate , 36k to 30. I wanted to try the 2.0 though but this was the only one they had in stock.

Comment

Hey man, us oldies deserve to just get out and enjoy driving for once. New generation takes everything for granted and pretends to lust over 60's muscle cars but is not prepared to have to work for any of that extra oomph of old. Let'r rip bud! 40 years ago if someone had said you could get 300 horse from a DD car with a 4-banger in it they would have said "WTF are you smoking?"

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                  These cars are crazy nice inside. I like it. Front looks sweet too.
                  x2
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                  X