Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many of you have slept in your festivas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many of you have slept in your festivas?

Decided I didn't want to drive almost 100 miles home just to come back here at the crack of dawn. I parked at the Walmart with the other "urban campers". Was kinda cool. Put a beach towel over the back hatch and trash bags on the other windows. It was surprisingly comfortable for sleeping in a car. I'm 6'6 probably close to 270 and was fine! Makes me wonder how bad it would be to drive out to a camp ground with supplies, pop the hatch and chill for a day or two.

Anyone else?
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Yup, done it a number of times on road trips to Madness or Greg's house. My car is a 90, so I bolt in an 88 LX passenger seatback. Pull the headrest, recline the seat, do the rear seat trick and I have a 6"6" bed.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Until I get the lx seat for the passenger side at least, I use a little extra stuffing under the self inflating mattress. Last time it was 15 deg F and I was warmer than I would have been in my tent trailer and had more head room.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Many many times. Air mattress, all seats laid flat, my wife and I both.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I've actually fit a single mattress in a festiva that way. Was camping on a friends property, he loaned me the mattress. I put it under the steering wheel and over the gear shifter. It was flat other than that.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I go hunting in my Festy. Sleep comfortably in it. Heck sometimes I just lay the seat back and sleep in the seat.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Yep, I've got the LX seats like Paul and have laid them flat and put a twin air mattress in it.
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Yes, but not well :p

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I sleep in mine so often i have a blanket and a small pillow in the trunk.
                  91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                  06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                  95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

The wagon isn't bad to sleep in. Did so for 2 weeks on a camping/road trip a few years back.
                    I've slept in my Festy twice and both times it was to sober up. The second time I gave up 5 hours in and called a cab.

Comment

You gave up 5 hours in...you weren't sober after 5 hours? Geez!
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

I lay the seats flat, use various things to level out the seats, and sleep like a baby in my sleeping bag.
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                          I lay the seats flat, use various things to level out the seats, and sleep like a baby in my sleeping bag.
                          Winning.

Comment

If I am tired enough, I sleep like a champ in one!
                            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one. Seems I need lx seats....
                              It stays pretty warm inside the Festiva. I just need to tint my windows but am skeptical about doing it myself.
                              My seats go all the way back but my rears don't.
                              I keep two blankets in my Festiva
                              Fast....Women are fast
                              Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X