Check out the latest post on Jay Leno's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the latest post on Jay Leno's Garage

Just watched the latest video on Jay Leno's Garage. It's the Jay's Book Club one on "Driving America" with Henry Ford III. Watch for Jay's Shogun in the background.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

It would be nice to be filthy rich and able to indulge in hobbies the way Jay does. On the other hand once you've got lots of coins, the option to collect other goodies also comes to mind. Local Ottawa hi-tech tycoon Michael Potter collects airplanes and flies them at air shows and most war commemorative ceremonies. How many guys do you know own pristine flying Spitfires, Hurricanes, Mustangs, Corsair etc and recently he refurbished a Korean war vintage Sabre jet? His collection is called 'Vintage Wings' and he built his own hanger/museum on the other side of the Ottawa River at Gatineau Airfield.

A couple of years ago he held the equivalent of 'cruise night' at his facility and wealthy folks from all over creation showed up with their restored warbirds. I happened to be there for that first open house. The hoods and cockpits were open and people could climb in, kick tires and shoot the breeze with owners and pilots and all of that stuff flew in and buzzed around for weekend. The Hamilton Warbird group even brought up their Lancaster bomber for the day. At one point there were a dozen and half Spits/Hurricanes and Mustangs all chasing around after each other up in the skies. The success of the event has since gone public and tens of thousands of ordinary folks line up to get in there for a looksee. I've gotta hand it to Potter; he maintains airworthy machines and he brings them out at every opportunity.

Comment

Wow how could you miss the shogun.. They panned over to it 3 times or more. But the video of him driving it doesn't work anymore.. Its an oldie but a goodie.
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Leno driving the Shogun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08xmtcaPUqc
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I just watched it on his website too... right here
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Nice!
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

kool ian but you have him beat as far as im concerned, i guarantee he has never driven 8-9 thousand miles in a econocar with a family of five to attend a car show:salute:
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

that thing may be "unique" and fast but its one of the ugliest cars I think I've ever seen.
                surely they could have come up with a better body kit. looks like a festive dually.
                dualies are butt ugly with those wheel well bulges. but thats just my op.
                admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Seeing it in the background gives me a jolt of adrenaline.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Truth be told Leno could have displayed any number of exotic production Fords during that video shoot so we can at least be proud that a highly modified Ford-badged econobox Kia/Mazda with Kawasaki engine was snuck in there.

Comment

Yamaha not Kawasaki.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                      X