valve cover opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valve cover opinions

So after cleaning up the valve cover i got from1990new i was trying to decide how.i want to paint it. I haven't seen a valve cover like this and i was wondering what you all thought of it. I was thinking crinkle black. I have a red car and wasnt sure of the color i should make it. Plus black is the only spray paint i have. I am a visual person so i masked off the whole thing, then i masked off the shiny parts again. Now the spraypaint lays on masking tape so it will come right off, i just wanted to see what it looks like.

I like it but im not sure im in love with it. I have deleted the resonance chamber so it will be mostly unhidden.

What do you all think. Kinda looks a lot like the edelbrok ones don't it?
    Last edited by Chobobulous; 08-02-2013, 01:40 AM.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Forgot the photo.
    Attached Files
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

This is just a test?

I like it, and even though there aren't any grooves there, I'd like to see the black lines continue thru the wide polished area. Maybe just use a narrow masking tape and a sharpie to see what it looked like. If it looks good, maybe someone with a mill could mill shallow grooves in it to give it that full finned look. Any blank hole could be filled with an aluminum bolt and cut/milled flush. Then I think the crinkle black would look awesome.

Too bad the intake comes across, a Festiva logo in the font would look cool cnc milled into that area.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Whatever you decide to paint it. Make sure It's a high heat paint regular rattle paint will bubble

-James
        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
          This is just a test?

I like it, and even though there aren't any grooves there, I'd like to see the black lines continue thru the wide polished area. Maybe just use a narrow masking tape and a sharpie to see what it looked like. If it looks good, maybe someone with a mill could mill shallow grooves in it to give it that full finned look. Any blank hole could be filled with an aluminum bolt and cut/milled flush. Then I think the crinkle black would look awesome.

Too bad the intake comes across, a Festiva logo in the font would look cool cnc milled into that area.
          Hmm you may have given me an idea for a long term project.

Yes it is just a test right now. I can peel off the masking tape and be right back where i started.

I can't think of a bolt hole i don't use at the moment aside from the one by the pcv valve. My low pressure air tube is attached to the passenger side strut tower.

I will take a photo like you suggested butiwouldn't do this on this valve cover. I kinda messed up the flat part with sandpaper. Alcohol and power tools don't mix.
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Working...
          X