? 4 u swappers.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? 4 u swappers.............

If I brought you a carbed festy and gave it to you and said here, I want a bp and aspire sus. swap how much would you estimate the parts and labor? you'll supply everything else, engine, trans, clutch, harness, aspire stuff, new brakes, wheel bearings/cyls., computer, etc, etc, and etc. and you'll rebuild the front end with new stuff, including struts. you'll suppy radiator, hoses, belts, gas tank, fuel pump, tach cluster, etc.

you will also do a basic tear down of the engine and trans to inspect them and do a valve job and assuming everything looks good put them back together. tune the engine replacing tune up parts with the best stuff available.

how much would I expect to pay for the parts you have to have and how much for the labor?

keep in mind I will want the best available parts like a blue t-belt thats about $50 and the best water pump, radiator, belts, hoses etc. no turbo - may do it later.

I would think $2,000 alone for the the hardware (probably closer to 2500)

how many hours? 100 or more I'd think.

I'd give you a year to assemble the parts needed so you could find "deals" on stuff.

ball park me a price on parts and then on labor. if you pm me with an estimate I will put it here w/o your name attached to it if you do not want to publicly make a quote.

thanks
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Let me get with Will (Motoxpress) this afternoon and we'll work you up a quote to PM later.
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

no hurries - I don't have any plans of doing it as of this moment.

Comment

That's good, it's always best to take your time and plan it out instead of trying to get a car done 1 month before a meet....ask me how I know LOL :mrgreen:

After looking over your list again it may take me a day or 2 to get the prices together but I'll make you an itemized list with all pricing. Also, I get a little better deal on some of the internal engine stuff since I build so many motors and I'll pass those savings on to you.

Also, this will be for a swap like I would do to my own car...not just a "chop and swap and get it going"

There's a few ppl on here that can vouch for my work if you would like references :thumbup:
        Last edited by Zanzer; 08-06-2013, 02:08 PM.

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

My guess would be 5k. I could be a couple thousand shy, but 5k seems possible.

Edit: Whatever Zanzer says will likely be a great price with top notch everything ^
          Last edited by mikeyjd; 08-06-2013, 03:29 PM.
          My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

This sounds like an interesting topic. Is this going to include a SS exhaust from Will?
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

^^ If that's what he wants and it's within his budget :thumbup:

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Funny, I started reading this thread and was thinking of contacting you 2 about it!

I have that 2 inch stainless exhaust, pretty awesome.
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                  Funny, I started reading this thread and was thinking of contacting you 2 about it!

I have that 2 inch stainless exhaust, pretty awesome.
                  what mufler are you running?

no quotes yet? is Z man gonna give me my only estimate?

Comment

I'm currently putting it all together but it is A LOT of parts...although at the end you will basically have a new car minus paint and interior LOL

I've got a couple of questions for you though:

1- What is the intended purpose of the car? Will it be a daily driver? Weekend racer? Do you want a track car or more of a GT car for long road trips? I ask because this makes transmission selection more important. If you want it to be a weekend warrior then it will need the G series. If you're looking at long road trips where MPG will be a big factor you can run the E series (al la PU241's PB/E series car) as long as you don't do high RPM clutch dumps.

2- Will the car have AC?

3- What level of detail are you looking for? Do you want the engine bay painted while the engine is out or just cleaned up? Same for the suspension parts, cleaned and installed or cleaned, painted, and installed? I ask because cleaning and painting parts is the most time consuming aspect of a build.

4- What shocks/struts do you want for the car? KYB, Monroe Sensatrac, other? I use Monroe Sensatracs on my car but everyone has their own favorite flavor.

5- Do you want Will's stainless steel exhaust system installed?

For the other stuff I'm quoting all new brand name parts. FelPro, Cleavite, Gates, Exedy, etc.

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

That's going to be next to impossible to put a price on !
                      I have been doing bp FI car swaps for 400 that's install your bp engine and get it running decent enough to take home . This includes building front mount and downpipe and all the wiring Vic's and 4th dizzy wire.
                      To do a carb swap and aspire swap and shocks struts and sorce all parts and engine wow !
                      There is really no way to do a clean estimate with no idea what your getting into . Engine might need more ,strut bolts might break , harness could be shorted . Way to many ifs , then when car is done and ready you have 2500 invested and suddenly the buyer isn't interested anymore.
                      New build on the way .

Comment

You get money down on each of the major parts to keep all parties interested.

Enough should be charged to cover major component repair regardless of what needs to be done. That way if the block is cracked a core engine is only 100 or so and now you also have a rebuildable head.
                        Time and parts are all "book time" with some conversion time estimates added.

The guys on here are all straight shooters so you will get what you pay for. Communication about things is important as things progress so that there are no surprises. It will be fun!
                        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                          I'm currently putting it all together but it is A LOT of parts...although at the end you will basically have a new car minus paint and interior LOL

I've got a couple of questions for you though:

1- What is the intended purpose of the car? Will it be a daily driver? Weekend racer? Do you want a track car or more of a GT car for long road trips? I ask because this makes transmission selection more important. If you want it to be a weekend warrior then it will need the G series. If you're looking at long road trips where MPG will be a big factor you can run the E series (al la PU241's PB/E series car) as long as you don't do high RPM clutch dumps.

2- Will the car have AC?

3- What level of detail are you looking for? Do you want the engine bay painted while the engine is out or just cleaned up? Same for the suspension parts, cleaned and installed or cleaned, painted, and installed? I ask because cleaning and painting parts is the most time consuming aspect of a build.

4- What shocks/struts do you want for the car? KYB, Monroe Sensatrac, other? I use Monroe Sensatracs on my car but everyone has their own favorite flavor.

For the other stuff I'm quoting all new brand name parts. FelPro, Cleavite, Gates, Exedy, etc.
                          dd with no clutch dumps (I will get on it but no peel outs). stock bp motor/trans with the ac, may do exhaust here but give me a price on the one you are talking about. kyb struts. suspention installed as is is ok since its a dd. bay pressure washed. I'll buy all parts so you have no outta pocket.

if I were to want an xr2 motor/trans with turbo, what would I expect to pay for one? reason I ask is I have one but I'm not a big fan of turbo'd cars (sorry kid) so I may sell or trade it for a stock bp but I'd like to know what I could get for a the set up. I paid $250 for it and I know its worth more so I'd sell it at a profit if you will to offset the cost of a build. its a 140k mile motor out of a wrecked capri. it was the guys dd untill he was rear ended.

my other option is to use that motor but if I did that I'd want it rebuilt will some hi po parts w/o sacraficing too much mileage and longevity. I'm not opposed to having a fatory turbo. its the aftermarket setups I'm wary of.

lets talk - pm me with your # and times to call and I'll give you a better overveiw of what I've got going on.

Comment

What is this exhaust you guys speak of?
                            Fast....Women are fast
                            Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post

Trust me, say yes to number five!

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                              X