Bought another one last week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought another one last week...

This one is a dark blue '91 L. Had no grill and an F'd up passenger side headlight. The end of the hood was rusty and trashed. I swapped over the headlight, hood, grill, and tach cluster from my '90 L-plus now parts car. It runs great and has 165k miles. The trunk doesn't open no matter what I do, the latch area on the inside is pried to death, by me and the previous owner. The driver's side rockers are quite cancerous, the passenger side is nearly perfect. Getting the exhaust patched up this weekend and new tires next week. Gonna weld up the rockers and do a ghetto, near-color match paint job on them. Also, massive stereo from my escape is getting swapped over. Wipers are all messed up too... anyone know how to take out the individual spindles?

Pics... tomorrow.
    1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
    Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
    daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
    A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

They are all joined together as an assembly. I had to throw mine out, because I stripped the thread on the aluminum diecasting while removing one nut. I also slightly damaged the thread on the brass nut. I had to retap with an M18 tap. I recommend a Dremel wire wheel on the exposed threads + a shot of Mazola oil before attempting to remove any wiper nut.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 08-07-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Nice to see you got it. Maybe we could set up a time for me to come over and check it out
      My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

Yeah for sure man. This weekend works if you want to mess around with welding and/ or brakes. Its my daily driver for 2 days now and I love this car to death.
        Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed

1993 rustless wonder

Comment

I love how they all drive so differently.
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

The one thing I can't stand is the people who ride my bumper when accelerating from stoplights. Once I hit 3rd gear, though, I outrun them haha. It sounds like a monster right now because of the exhaust woes, but I got seat covers, floor mats, and cupholders. It gives it that, "STFU at least I'm trying" car smell.
            Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed

1993 rustless wonder

Comment

Working...
            X