This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never wet !

have you guys seen this stuff called never wet by rust-oleum ? would be great for the inside of the car to keep the seats and floor clean, but do you think it would work in the engine compartment ?? any ideas?

lil late to the game, but I'll share my experiences. Picked up some as a test run on a new pair of boots & I noticed these issues.

1. appearance. The paint has a strong milky look which is strongest after applying the top coat. It's not as noticeable when putting on the base coat so don't take the 1st coat as the final look. For my work boots I didn't care, but this is an issue that caught a lot of product customer reviewers by surprise although never-wet repeatedly states that it has a milky translucent haze to it. This could be an issue for someone spraying down their car.

2. usefulness. The product states that abrasion is the biggest to reducing effectiveness. Any place you're worried about your car is going to be a place you're setting, rubbing your feet, etc. In my case any water resistance wore off insanely quick...to the point that I was unable to notice if it ever worked. They also comment that the oils from your hands would break down & damage the barrier, so I'd assume that engine oils, etc would also damage the water proofing.

You'll notice that after watching all their mystical videos that many of the tests seem to be on brand new white items...there is a good reason for that. Also after seeing their smart phone water proofing tests they turn around & don't recommend using the product on electronics when you read the can disclaimers.

I'd say the stuff works on new items that don't actually get used/worn much & probably only for a very short period of time.
    Last edited by Miah; 09-05-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X