Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Wiring

IMG_3564.jpgIMG_3566.jpg

I have been looking through the thread and doing a lot of searching and just cant seem to figure out where and what would be best to fix the ignition on my car. It starts up fine I just would like to have a real ignition and key to it. Starting it with any key/pointy object isnt the best idea. I'll posted some pictures to show ya what I mean. Thanks a lot for all the help. This is such a great forum and community of people.
    -Nick

Hit up a junk yard and buy an ignition cylinder. (With a key) The part you have attaches to the back of said cylinder and the cylinder gets bolted to the steering column. I wrote a guide on the install of it. Its in the articles section.
    1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
    Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
    daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
    A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Thanks a lot man. Ill look into that article for sure. I live in Hawaii and there is no good junkyard resource to get parts from. The one place we have isnt a pull apart yard either, you can only call and ask for what your looking for and most of the time they dont have it.

Comment

But, you have the advantage of being more than halfway to Korea for new parts from Four Green.

Comment

If you like, I can try to pick one up next time I find a festiva. Could be a few weeks but I need a hatch by the 24th so if I find one by then I'll try to grab one if it has the key. Shipping will be a female dog coming from Michigan but you could have it for cost of shipping+parts, and maybe like $5.00 US for the pulling. So like <$20 before shipping.
          1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
          Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
          daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
          A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
            If you like, I can try to pick one up next time I find a festiva. Could be a few weeks but I need a hatch by the 24th so if I find one by then I'll try to grab one if it has the key. Shipping will be a female dog coming from Michigan but you could have it for cost of shipping+parts, and maybe like $5.00 US for the pulling. So like <$20 before shipping.
            Wow thanks so much man. That would be pretty awesome if you could do that for me. Ill be more than willing to cover the cost +$5. Let me know what happens. Shipping shouldnt be too bad either if you just ship it in the smallest flat rate box. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X