Centric front wheel seals from Rock Auto 1.76

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centric front wheel seals from Rock Auto 1.76

I'm ordering 4 sets of Timken front wheels bearings from Rockauto for 24.98 + 8.93 shipping and they have
    Centric inner and outer front seals for 1.76 each, but the shipping for 2 inner and 2 outer at 1.76 each is 12.08.
    So that makes them $4.78 each including shipping. This is still less expensive that at any of the local auto parts stores.

Anyone bought these seals? Any problems with them?

Wow, last time I looked they did not have the Timkens, glad to hear they do now! I can't imagine those seals would be any worse than the cheapies from the parts stores, and you're right, still paying less even with the shipping. I usually use Timken seals to go with my timken bearings, unless someone specifically asks for something else.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Last time I was in a rush , found a local bearing store (they only sells bearings - industrial bearings and what not) and they had timken , and guess what , they had festy bearings. Hail for common bearings.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
        Last time I was in a rush , found a local bearing store (they only sells bearings - industrial bearings and what not) and they had timken , and guess what , they had festy bearings. Hail for common bearings.
        OK, so about the seals?
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Just checked back on rockauto today and they have these
          TIMKEN Part # 494123 [Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty] (Only 6 Remaining)
          Front Outer Seal; L Model Engine VIN K

Ever heard of different outer front bearing seals for carb engine cars vs efi.

These show up as rear outer seals for Mazda AWS 323's on other auto parts sites but say they don't fit festivas.

Was planning on order these but not sure about it.
          Anyone know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
            OK, so about the seals?
            nope , local parts store , for a couple bucks I don t even bother with rockauto.

Comment

If you are buying to rebuild several steering knuckles the price break does help. I'm putting away an inventory of rebuilt ones for future needs.

(Excel paste is formatting nicely now...thanks to whomever made this work..)
              Found out the difference in the two Timken front outer seals numbers.

FM/TKR PN SEAL# Description LIP_MATL TYPE_ILLUS SHAFT SIZE HSG_BORE SEAL_OD SEAL_WIDTH SHAFT_SIZE_METRIC HSG_BORE_METRIC SEAL_OD_METRIC SEAL_WIDTH_METRIC
              TMK Front Outer 494123 SEAL702143 Oil Seal S 49 2.008 2.480 2.485 .236 51,00 63,00 63,12 6,00
              TMK Front Outer 710323 SEAL702410 Oil Seal S 49 2.008 2.480 2.488 .335 51,00 63,00 63,20 8,50
              Seal OD is slightly smaller and Width is noticeably smaller on the Timken 494123 front outer seal.
              Last edited by 1990new; 08-21-2013, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Was not sure about the smaller Timken seals which were cheaper, so I order enough Timken bearings, 710323 outer seals, and 4990 inner seals to rebuild 4 steering knuckles. Paid $84 for all so they ended up costing $21 per knuckle for the Timken bearings and Timken seals.

Comment

Working...
                X