Fender Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Mirrors

So, I'm working on getting the racecar straightened up, so I was looking at the factory manual to get the frame dimensions. I happened to notice something interesting in the diagrams. They seem to show that the festiva could come with the mirrors on the fenders. I've never seen festiva with them there and cant seem to find a picture of one with them on the internet. Does anyone know anything about them. I love the look of those mirrors and would kill to get them for the festiva.

Untitled.jpg
    Attached Files

I was thinking about this literally about an hour before I saw this post
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

There are Japanese festiva manuals posted on here somewhere.

That have pictures of these fender mirrors.

Just search some threads

I have always thought they were cool looking and unique.
      Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

my guess is....they are showing you the proper place to mount them if you were so inclined so that they would be positioned to see out of them right.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I think they look different in a cool way. i'd buy a set if they were available but this is something you could probably make yourself. I wonder if there is any law in the states prohibiting them. i'm pretty sure there's laws against running "off road" headlights but I've never seen anybody ticketed for their rose or blue colored headlights.

Comment

I used to have an MGA that had fender mirrors. I never got a ticket or stoped for that.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

In some states with fender-mounted mirrors, one can legally drive without doors...

Comment

here's a pair of snazzy mazda fender mirrors on ebay right now. about $40 shipped. these are for the old 121 and cosmo but should adapt to any fender. what do you use to blank off the drivers outer door sail area if you use the fender mirrors? or just leave em and have all 4 mirrors and look like the Quadraphenia album cover. also here's the complex adjustment directions from the JDM owners manual.

Comment

I WANT A PAIR!
                  Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                  Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                  Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                  WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Shouldn't be illegal in any state. As long as they are at a certain height.
                    Headlights also are dictated by height and color, at least in my state. You cane have rally style light bars on any car, with as many as you want lol.

Femder mirrirs, from that pic, do not work well in the looks department on a festiva.

Ganador style mirrors might look cool though.
                    Fast....Women are fast
                    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Oh wow. There's 2 of them on ebay and not expensive. I just spent $900 on tires for the racecar and trailer, but I think I can still find $20 for some sweet mirrors.

Comment

Working...
                      X