Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a new waterpump bearing go out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a new waterpump bearing go out?

I just put one in Blackie a few weeks back and the bearing is chirping something fierce.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

What brand is the pump, and are you sure it's the bearing?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

MasterPro from O'Reilly's.

Yeah, mechanics stethescope on the pump pulley nose, it's LOUD!!

I checked the timing idler nut and it's okay. I had changed out the alternator because I thought that was what it was, but it wasn't
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Is Masterpro a cheapo Chinese brand? If so, recommend sticking with name-brand stuff.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Is Masterpro a cheapo Chinese brand?
          Yes

EDIT: I go to Oreillys almost exclusively ....except for bearings and stuff that roll/spin. All they have is Masterpro for that, so I have to go to AZ to get Timken, or NAPA for brand name stuff
          If it rolls/spins ...get the best you can, so as not to have to replace it right away.
          Last edited by drddan; 08-22-2013, 01:33 PM.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

i've had Bosch units fail in under a week.... not unheard of.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              i've had Bosch units fail in under a week.... not unheard of.
              But still....

As Socrates said, Nothing in life is guaranteed, except death and Obamacare. All we can do is play the odds.
              Last edited by TominMO; 08-22-2013, 07:44 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
                I just put one in Blackie a few weeks back and the bearing is chirping something fierce.
                I have been led to believe that if you do not run antifreeze or a lubricant / anti-corrosion additive in plain water the bearing will soon die.

Paul
                Red Rocket 1988 L, 133,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, hit guard rail in snow, RIP, saved everything but body
                Black Rocket 1988 L 207,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC, engine, trans, wire harness, radiator from RR
                Red Rocket 2 1988 L 138,XXX miles, 4 sp
                White Rocket 1989 L 128,XXX miles, 4 sp. AC

Comment

Running 50/50 mix. Always have in everything.
                  2005 Accord - wife's DD
                  2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Working...
                  X