Fi and forced intake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fi and forced intake.

Simple question. As it says, if ecm disregards o2 sensor on wot, how is fuel compensated as intake volume rises as suoer/turbo spools up to prevent lean burn? A rom to always obey o2 readings? Or fat injectors assumed on build?

If I missed the thread on search, delete this one and Pm a link.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

That's what the VAF/MAF or MAP sensor is for...
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

VAF is topped out typically by 4k rpm at wot in most cars with this type of system. This is why people use bigger injectors, and rising rate fuel pressure regulators and retuned ecm maps to compensate for boost on cars with a vaf. You can also tune the vaf spring pressure to accommodate larger injectors. With enough fussing around and an accurate wide band O2 you can get things close, but you'll want to err on the rich side for safety and you'll almost never reach the output numbers that can be achieved with a closed loop/wide band system.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 08-23-2013, 04:31 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

As a general rule you don't want to be in boost at part throttle anyway if you can help it. That goes for cars that are programmed oem with power adders, and for people who add them. You will have too much timing advance and part throttle knock even if the afr is OK. As said above the other sensors as a team know what is going on from the air coming in and the pressure. There are rom curves for those environments. Of course a regular NA computer isn't designed for boost, that is why we "tune." And for the cars that have output of 250hp and the owners want to be greedy to hit 300hp, going out of the limits of factory settings, they will do pretty much the same if huge aftermarket isnt available for that engine or ecu. ten years ago everyone still had to "tune." Now subaru ford dodge you name it all have inexpensive handheld programmers. Hasn't helped the amount of head gaskets piston holes and partouts on the forums thats always still operator error
        Last edited by getnpsi; 08-23-2013, 04:37 PM.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Hm. Thats a bitch, we're still stuck at the mechanical and electronical limits in relation of displacement.

Room to improve on both?

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

shh dont let mr dickmeyer hear that LOL. Well its true if you have uber limited funds still. I'd do some searches of his threads and see if what he offers for b3/b6 is something you'd want to give a go.If my b3 was tired id swap a b6 bottom end and let him at it on the top end as his orders are to order anyway.
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

MegaSquirt nthego:
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                MegaSquirt nthego:
                x2
                Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Working...
                X