Possible tire deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible tire deal

So..what do you guys think about 2 Toyo Proxes t1r 195/45/14 and 2 195/45/14 Falken Ziex 912 tires mounted on 14" Protege alloys? I have a chance to buy this set that haven't been rode on for too long, one of the toyos just has a little side wall scrub. heh...which ones go up front?
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

both are good tires,most tread on front, if tread same dosent matter both wear good.
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

The treads are different, I think the zeix tires could be studded, they have the little dimples anyway.

I'm kinda curious wether they'll even work or not, the protege alloys are 14x5.5" and the 195=7.6" wide.....so, will it even work?
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

gonna bulge a little, but you should be ok.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Mattswabb ran the Proxes on 5.5" wide Miata Daisies and it seemed to run safely. He didn't complain about it.

I'd prefer a 6" wide rim though. It would get more handling out of the 195/45s, which would probably be maximized on a 6.5" wide rim (just a guess).

I'll keep a lookout for used Miata seven spokes (14 X 6" with 45mm offset) like I'm going to. I bought mine for $60! I admit I lucked out on those, and they were only a few blocks from home.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks for the words guys! I'm gonna go drop off these protege alloys soon. Wish I had the money to get the rims powder coated first...oh well haha.. I don't care if they bulge, they're just goin on the aspire for now.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Hahahaa..they turned out great! Not too bulgy at all!! Imo, its perfect!!

Now to see if I can just bolt them on or if I'm gonna need spacers!
              Attached Files
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Try both tire brands on the rear; one might fit better than the other, altho they "should" be the same. Otherwise, long studs, 7mm spacers, open lug nuts does it.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X