Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys like different, how about a BPT running on LiLPG (Liquid Injection LPG) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys like different, how about a BPT running on LiLPG (Liquid Injection LPG) ?

I've had this idea for a while, but since I don't even have a BPT engine yet it's only an idea and far from happening (if ever).

Firstly, LiLPG, what is it?

Li = Liquid Injection
    LPG = Liquified Petroleum Gas

We've had vehicles running on LPG for decades, but traditionally LPG was fed as a vapour gas, it's always been cheaper to buy but it's efficiency was traditionally terrible, cost half as much but your tank ran out twice as fast and a good 20-30% power loss could be expected.

Those days have past, LiLPG injects the gas as a liquid @ -30 degrees, making it far more efficient, in fact fuel consumption can virtually match the traditional fuel (gasoline), but costs 40%, and has a considerably higher octane level and delivered in this form actually increases power over traditional gasoline by 5-10%. So it's cheaper to fill, lasts just as long and adds more torque.

Many Holdens (GMC) running 6.2L V8's here gulping 15-20mpg are converted to this system. Consumption remains similar but cost to fill is less than halved, so when you factor it all in, it's now POSSIBLE to drive a 6.2L V8 slightly cheaper than I can drive my stock 1.3L carb B3 Festy. Crazy but true... LiLPG is awesome for bigger engines but I've not been able to find out much about its application on 4's, I do turbo owners like it for the octane and temp benefits.

In USA speak, we're paying around $4.90/gallon, LPG can be had for $2/gallon USD.

Conversions aren't cheap but generally it pays for itself on a bigger engine really quickly, on a 4, like the BPT? Unsure.

It'd be cool to do, if only to know that I'd be one of a small few to have done it (if not the first?).

Whilst rare, I have heard LPG is available in USA, have you guys heard of the new Liquid Injected systems?
    200,000KM milestone!

Look at the mothers wax chevelle there making 1600hp on lpg

Comment

Working...
    X