689.1 miles on a single tank O.o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 689.1 miles on a single tank O.o

My goal was 700 miles but I chickened out when it sounded like it was running out of gas going down a hill.. Next time I'll try to have a 1 gallon jerry can with me so I can make it all the way (assuming that i'm able to come close anyways).

689.1miles on 9.831gallons= 70.09mpg
    Last edited by mikeyjd; 09-06-2013, 11:33 AM.
    My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Amazing!
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
      Amazing!
      Thank you Tom Honestly it's pretty hard work. I find it a rewarding challenge/discipline and save money at the same time. I'm really hoping your testing comes through with some good results!
      Last edited by mikeyjd; 09-06-2013, 11:31 AM.
      My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

Working' on it. Just updated my Aspire MPG thread.

Edit: I might do a 50 MPH road test around the city, just to see what happens. But that will be after all mods are done.
        Last edited by TominMO; 09-06-2013, 11:35 AM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Hats off to you guys who can drive that way!

When I need 70mpg, i ride my 250... then I can get 70mpg @ 80mph. I just don't have the patience to try to get 70mpg in a Festy! I've hit 53, and was pretty happy with that.
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Best I ever for was 42 but that was with some city driving but mostly highway at 60mph with a four speed (think the 5speed would have helped me some)

Comment

Mikeyjd - dude 70mpg is crazy. I've got 49.82mph at my best but I have no mods done to my 93 festy and it has just shy of 251,000 miles as of tonight.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

I also find it like a game to push the mpg limits in mine (especially to save $$$)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Working...
                X