new festy to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new festy to me

gonna pick this up tomorrow what do u guys think it's gonna run me 550 but it's auto

no rust,bad master cylinder,cold a/c and needs fender and door but there some local at pap same color
    Last edited by 1chrisapple; 09-07-2013, 05:24 PM.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't get 40mpg. Probably more like 30. Not really a problem, but a stretch of the truth could warrant a closer look at the frame and other pieces. Check for rust, especially where the rear beam mounts. Otherwise, looks like a nice deal. Congrats.

Comment

I wonder if it was repainted. The interior looks a lot rougher than the exterior, and there's no engine bay pic. Are those Metro 13s on there?
      Last edited by TominMO; 09-07-2013, 05:50 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

^^ Looks like 3 factory 12's and 1 alloy on the right front.
        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

He swears no rust and i told him if he lied it will stay in his driveway bc its 3 hrs away for me

Comment

Good luck, my good sir. Hope it turns out to not be too bad.. the e-brake working is a plus towards being less rusty.

-Joe
            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
            1988 LX 5-speed
            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Spare tire rim looks mighty rusty.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Just from the pictures, and the problems described, and even if there are problem with the transmission (which you won't know for sure until you are able to drive it), I would say it's easily worth the $550.
                In addition to the items noted, you will most likely need to spend money on steering and suspension parts and bushings, probably bearings, exhaust system, radiator and all the other little things that break or wear out with time and miles. But that's part of the fun of owning a Festiva.
                That is a really big mirror on the drivers side door.

Comment

I have also located an aspire body and suspensio
                  with new tires for 300 so shes gettin aspire swapped asap
                  And the a/c was a big plus to

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post
                    I have also located an aspire body and suspensio
                    with new tires for 300 so shes gettin aspire swapped asap
                    And the a/c was a big plus to
                    You are getting ahead of the game already...
                    Hope the AC has been converted to 134A. My 89 has Freon and is still cooling, but not performing as well as my other 134A ones.
                    I'll probably convert it next Spring.

Hope that 91 GL turns out to be a great deal for you.

Comment

nice find, good luck with it! you should get 25-30 mpg
                      Last edited by kumalaba; 09-07-2013, 08:04 PM.
                      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I do too. I was looking at yours real hard but its a bit of drive and dont quite have that much cash lol good price and good car tho

Comment

headed out right now to get her

Comment

heres some pics of it guys

my awesome wife along for the ride. and we hauled it 178 miles home.blue didn't struggle to bad pulling it.

no rust really just little spot on hatch. local pull a part has the same color one with all good body panels so gonna change both doors fender s and hood
                            Last edited by 1chrisapple; 09-08-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X